Nova Vita Academy ::Prologue::

There was glass everywhere. It covered the back seat beside you and the floor boards as well. Your ears were ringing, but you could hear nothing else. You turned your head to look out your window. Everything was hazy, but you could see figures running towards the car. People were yelling, but you couldn't hear a thing. You tried to move but pain crippled you. It felt like your chest had been rubbed raw, and there was a stabbing pain in your thigh. You glanced down and noticed the blood.

There was so much blood.

 Someone was at the car door now. They were yelling and trying to get the door open. You gazed at them lazily. Everything was still hazy. You closed your eyes for a few moments and when you opened your eyes you were no longer in the car. You were lying by the side of the road. Sound had finally returned.

"Get me that stretcher!" A man yelled as he shined a flashlight into your eyes, "She's awake!"

You groaned, "Mom? Dad?"

Your voice didn't even sound like your own. What was going on? You wanted to go home. That's where you were heading before. Why weren't you home yet?

"Help me get her on it." The man commanded others.

"Where am I? Where's my Mom and Dad?" You spoke again, but were ignored.

Your favorite song was playing on the radio. You remember singing along to it and your dad joked about something. The three of you were laughing.

"Alright get her to the hospital." The man said. You were carried into the back of the ambulance. A different man took a seat beside you and strapped you in.

"What's happening?" You asked.

 Something wasn't right.

You weren't supposed to be in an ambulance. You were supposed to be home putting away groceries. Home was right down the road. It shouldn't be taking this long.

"What about the others? Is she the only one?" The man beside you asked.

"Yeah", He was answered quickly, "Everyone else is dead."