Chapter 10

I woke up sticky, hot, and still in my dress from last night. I reached up to run a hand through my hair only to find that it was near impossible from all the tangles, and when I looked down I saw my white pillow smeared with black makeup. I let out a strangled gasp, putting my face in my hands and going over what all had happened last night. I hadn't gotten one bit of dreamless sleep last night, the image of Niall knocking Gage out playing over and over again in my mind. Half of me was curious, the other half scared to death. 

I climbed out of bed, stripping off the sheet and throwing them in the corner of my bedroom before I shuffled into the bathroom. I turned on the water in the sink, splashing my face and scrubbing at my eyes with a washcloth to get off the caked makeup. I grabbed my face wash, rubbing it all over before I cranked up the shower all the way to hot and stripping out of my skin tight clothes. Once I'd stretched out my arms and back, I stepped in, set on scrubbing away all the...disclosure. 

I climbed out of the shower thirty minutes later, going over to my drawer and pulling out clean underwear and a tank top and yoga pants. Once I'd dressed, I grabbed my phone-without checking it-and padded into the kitchen barefoot. I turned on the coffee maker, sliding the lock on my phone to find two messages. One from Nicole, the other from Niall. 

I answered Nicole's first, which was a million apologies and asking if I'd gotten home alright. I replied with a cheeky response, telling her I had and I knew she was in good hands last night. I laid my phone down, not daring to open Niall's text yet as I grabbed the loaf of bread from on top of the fridge.  I popped two pieces into the toaster when my phone rang so suddenly it scared the shit out of me and I screamed. 

I grabbed my phone, sliding it to answer and barking out a "Hello?" I was breathless, and I heard a chuckle on the other line. Niall.

"Morning, Bleu. You never returned my text." He said, and I could imagine his eyes narrowed, tongue flicking out to wet his lips. It almost made me stutter, but I composed myself to answer.

"Well, I just woke up and hadn't looked." I said, and he let out a muffled 'mm'.

"What did you want?" I asked, and before I got an answer, he told me to 'hang on.' I heard male voices talking in the background, and my toast popped out of the oven. I rolled my eyes when I heard the cat-calls after he'd told them he was talking to Bleu.

"Sorry, love. The boys just can't get enough of you." He said cockily.

"Mm. So what did you want anyways?" I asked, reaching for the jam in the fridge and grabbing a knife. I bumped the drawer with my hip, sending it back into place.

"I wanted to tell you we're going out tonight." I sighed at his demanding answer, spreading strawberry jelly onto my toast.

"Niall, I don't really want to go out, after last night." I said, and I wondered what exactly he was doing as I heard what sounded like muffled punches in the background.

"You scared someone is gonna get you again, Darling?" My heart fluttered at his pet name, and I blinked rapidly.

"Uhh, no. I just-Niall I'm tired." I said, and he sighed.

"Then get some rest. We're going out tonight." He said, and I banged my fist down.

"I don't want to go out with you!" I shouted, and I heard him chuckle again.

"Yes you do. Wear something sexy." I let out a frustrated sigh, and he did the same.

"I'm taking you to a club across town, where no one knows me. Nobody's going to mess with you, Bleu." He said, and I grumbled.

"They better not."

"You know I'd protect you, Bleu." His voice dropped down low, hinting full seriousness with tinges of danger.

"Okay." I said in a small voice, just wanting to stop the blush creeping along my cheeks.

"Wear something sexy." He repeated. "I'll be there at nine." I went to protest, but he just said, "Bye Bleu." Before hanging up. 

I grunted in frustration before clicking end and slamming my phone down. I put my hand on either side of my breakfast, gripping the counter and squeezing my eyes shut. I was getting really, really tired of him demanding everything, number one, and I honestly just didn't want to go out. It seemed like I'd been everywhere for the past few days and I just wanted to relax. I knew that if I went out, the next week was going to be a bitch to me. And that meant stress. And a stressed out Bleu is not good. 

The rest of the day was spent doing nothing, relaxing my strained muscles as I lounged around my house. When it was eight-fifteen, I curled my hair, pinning back my bangs and letting the rest loose. I pulled on dark jeans and searched through my wardrobe for a pretty shirt. I settled on a red button-down, then rifled through my drawer for a camisole, lace trim at the top. I pulled on my jeans, jumping around to get into them when my phone rang. With the jeans still undone and only halfway over my butt, I answered the call, tucking the phone under my ear with my shoulder.

"Hello?"

"I'm on my way." Niall said, and I could tell he was driving from the music in the background.

"Okay. You're early." I said, glancing at my clock. It read eight-forty-five.

"How do you know how far away I am?" He challenged, and I heard the smirk in his voice. I sighed.

"Never mind." I mumbled, and he chuckled.

"I'll see you in a few, Darling." He said, and hung up before I could say 'okay'. 

I tugged on my jeans, slipping on a belt because I knew that if I bent down, my jeans would show my underwear. I applied makeup, going for a subtle look, not wanting makeup smeared all over my face again. I walked into my living room and pulled my boots on, my doorbell chiming right as I fell on the floor.

"Graceful." I mumbled to myself, trotting over to the door.

I wrenched it open to find Niall, leaning against the frame, hands in his pockets and jacket open to reveal a grey thermal shirt with buttons halfway down. His blonde coifed head looked up, pretty pink lips stretched into a smirk once he saw me looking him over. His eyes were beautiful tonight, so blue they looked like a peacock's feathers.

"Hey, Darling." He said, standing up straight, his boots shuffling on my welcome mat. My mouth would barely move, I was so lost in him.

"Hi." I said, and gestured for him to come in. He leaned down, my breath hitching in my throat because he was so close and he smelled so good and what the hell did he want with me?

His lips brushed my cheek, the one his fingers weren't already grazing, before he pulled back slightly, staring down at me.

"You look beautiful, tonight, Bleu." He said, and I felt a little choke come from my throat.

"Thanks. Your eyes look pretty." I said, and he let out a laugh. I snapped out of my revere of his physical attributes, and cleared my throat, stepping back.

"I'll just get my jacket, okay?" I asked, and he nodded before I disappeared, trying to wipe the image of his smirk from my mind.