Chapter 34

My heart slammed into my chest, and I surged forward with it. In the blink of an eye I was on him, straddling his waist in the chair and pressing my lips to his like my life depended upon it. I drank him in, tasting him for what felt like the first time in years. His hands were glued to my waist, his grip almost painful as his lips parted mine.

"I love you back. I'm so sorry. I overreacted." I mumbled between kisses, but he pulled away, moving his hands up to cup my jaw.

"No, don't you ever say that. You had the right. I'm so sorry, Baby, so sorry-" He said, shaking his head and closing his pretty eyes.

I kissed his forehead, then his cheek, finally reaching his plump lips and pressing mine softly to his. "Do not beat yourself up over this. I can't stand it. You don't deserve that." A smile not only touched his lips, but I saw how his eyes lit up as well, and then his lips were attached to mine again.

I pushed myself down, wanting to be as close to him as possible, aching to have him pressed against me. My hands went into his hair, sliding over his broad shoulders and chest, my hips pushed into his. My chest was against his, and we were fighting for air but not daring to pull away. I was giving in, letting his warm, tentative tongue overpower mine and lull my mind and body into a haze.

He moaned into my open mouth and I gasped, one of his warm hands cupping my bum and the other with his long fingers tangled in my hair. "God, what would I do without you?" He asked, sucking on my bottom lip and earning an unstoppable moan that fell from my lips.

"I don't know." I gasped out once he'd let me come up for air.

His lips were on my neck, sucking and nipping at the sensitive skin, his nimble fingers pulling at the collar of my shirt so that my collarbones were exposed to him. He sucked, leaving marks on a prominent part of my body.

"I want you, Bleu. I need you. Please." He begged, and all I could do was nod and tilt his head back, leaving another small kiss on his lips.

"I want you too, Niall. I need you, too."

He kissed back even more fiercely, pressing me to him and moaning against my mouth. The kiss was heated and strong and everything I'd missed in the past couple of days that felt like weeks, and I had half a mind to continue going.

"Niall." I gasped, grabbing his shoulders in my small hands.

"Mm, yes, Bleu?" He asked, and the way he said my name had my head spinning.

"We-we can't. Not right now." I said, then closed my eyes and moaned as his lips covered a sensitive spot on my neck.

"And just why not?" his tone was sensual, his voice deep.

I had to fight for breath just to say my next words, even though I didn't want them to be spoken. "Because I have work. We can't."

He pulled away, resting his forehead against my shoulder and kissing me there as well. "Can't you call in sick?" he asked, and I rocked back to look him in the eyes. They were pretty and shining...captivating.

I shook my head slowly, not bothering to hide the smile. "No. I called in sick yesterday. I can't do it again or I'll loose my job."

He frowned at me, then sighed and toyed with the hem of my shirt. "Well, tomorrow is Friday, right?" He asked, peering up at me through his lashes.

I smirked at him, speaking slowly. "Yeah, why?"

"Well, if I can't have you now, I'll just have you then." He whispered the last part, and then pressed his lips to mine again. I was glad, because this way he couldn't see the blush on my face.