Chapter 23

The sounds of our heavy breathing and the rain pounding against the house were the only two things heard in his room. I wanted to reach out and touch him; his chiseled body, his soft, tanned skin scarred and battered from his occupation and hobby. I wanted to be able to look at him everyday the way that he was looking at me now, in the dark, the feeling clear though I could just hardly make out the sharp angles of his face. His handsome, beautiful face. I wanted to kiss his lips, feel the soft and fullness of his mouth, the strong set of his jaw as he worked out all the sounds that elated him so. But I was so scared. 

He sunk down to his knees, his height equal with mine even though I was sat on his king bed, the lighting flashing through the window letting me catch glimpses of his face, set into lust and something else I couldn’t distinguish. Within seconds his face was gone, but imprinted into my memory. I felt his breath on my face, his warm hands moving to cup under my thighs and tilting me back so that I had to put my arms around his neck to keep myself steady.

“I’ve got you.” he chuckled darkly, his voice sending shivers up and down my spine. I could feel the heat radiating off of his body as he moved in closer, my fingertips clutching the thick fabric of his shirt. He pulled me close, so close that my whole body was touching his and the heels of my shoes were digging into his lower back. He let out a husky moan, surprising me. I gasped again as I was laid down on the bed, my hair fanning our below me. 

“As much as I love you in heels, Darling, can we get these things off of you?” He asked, settling back onto his knees and leaving me. I could only nod my head, shell-shocked at what was happening. I saw him smirk, lightly running his fingers over my jean clad thigh until he reached my foot,

He grabbed the heel of my shoe bending my knee so that my foot was directly in front of him. Seductively, and I never thought this possible until I’d met Niall, he pulled off the heel, tossing it behind him so a clattering could he heard. He repeated the steps with the other foot, chuckling at me. I reached up with my foot pushing lightly against his shoulder. He moved so fast, pinning me down again, face centimeters away from mine. 

I was frozen underneath him, eyes blown wide as I waited to see what he would do next. His next movements were sweet, surprising me but still making my heart flutter.

He used his fingertips to brush the stray hair away from my face, his touch leaving a tingling trail along my cheek and jaw. “God, you’re so beautiful. Even in the dark.” He whispered, and he was so close that I could see his pretty eyes flicking to different spots on my face. He moved in closer, and my eye lashes fluttered closed. “Can I kiss you?” He asked, an uncertainty in his voice that I was hearing for the first time. The question surprised me, but I nodded my head, thinking I’d have to be crazy to deny him something we both wanted. We both needed. 

His lips were pressed to mine, warm and soft and gentle yet they held a hunger and I knew it was bound to change. His hand moved down to grasp my waist, his other resting on the bed and holding himself above me. I needed something to hold onto, so I settled for resting my hands on his lower back. I trailed my hand up to his hair, parting my lips under his willingly, not even fighting him for dominance. I was completely at mercy under just his mouth and hands, morphing myself to do whatever he wished me to do. As much as I wanted to fight it off, use some strength, I couldn’t find any within me. Not when he touched me like this. 

I hooked my legs around his waist, tangling my hair at the nape of his neck and desperately searching for air as he sucked on my bottom lip. Little sounds escaped me, and he started to moved his hand, rubbing it along my side, touching my bare arm before running his warmth over my thigh.

“You’re so beautiful.” He murmured, tilting his head before kissing my lips again. My lips parted under his again, his arms moving to scoop me up, pressing my chest to his own as the rest of our bodies came in contact. I could feel his arousal on my heat, and he groaned at even the slight friction. I gasped outwardly, lips still tingling and pressed to his.