Chapter 28

“Another drink for the winner and his lady.” Nixon said, setting a drink in front of Niall and I. We’d both just ordered beers, still wanting to be coherent by the end of the night…unlike some other people that were partying at this club we were at. Niall had kept giving me looks of lust, his arm stretched out behind my shoulders and his fingers roaming. We had chatted with Liam and Nicole all night, Nixon just now coming to join us.

There wasn’t much room in the booth, so he reached for a chair, but Niall stopped him. “No, man, here. We’ll make room.” He said, and before I could protest, he’d lifted me up and onto his lap. I froze in his grip, though no one else seemed to think it was odd.

Nixon slid into the booth beside us, unaware that Niall’s hands were currently traveling up and down my thighs, his fingertips getting dangerously close to where they should not be. I caught his wrist, bringing it away from where I knew would be aching if he dared get any closer. He smirked, chuckling as he pressed his lips to my shoulder, letting them linger before he pulled away and took a swig from his beer. I swallowed, trying to get back into the conversation that everyone was having.

“I don’t know, man. I don’t really like them.” Liam said, but Nicole’s face lit up like a Christmas tree.

“I love Imagine Dragons.” She said, giggling when Liam groaned.

“What’s this I hear about Imagine Dragons?” I asked, leaning forward. Niall’s free hand flew to my hip and he squeezed, causing me to shoot back up. No one else even paid attention to the fact that Niall just moaned from me, well, moving.

“Darlin’, please stop unless you want bad things to happen.” He whispered, a slight bulge pressing against my backside. Then everyone’s attention snapped to me, because of my question and not Niall’s current…situation, even though I knew I was blushing red like a tomato. 

“Really?” Nixon asked, and I nodded, eager to try and turn my mind around.

“Yeah, Nicole and I both.” I caught her eye, and she smiled, nodding.

“Well, I’ve got V.I.P. passes to a club that they’re going to be at next week, if you all want to go.”

I was up for it, but I was wondering if Niall wanted to go. “Do you want to go, Niall?” I asked, turning around in his lap as I searched his gaze. His eyes were dark, lustful and…reserved? But he only tipped his beer bottle back, gulping down the last of it before eyeing me.

“Whatever you want, Baby.” His voice was husky, low and stirring a feeling in my belly that I wished would go away because it felt like everyone could see just how vulnerable he made me feel. But I only turned around, nodding my head. Nicole was giggling while Liam whispered to her ear, then his arm moved down low and she squealed, shooting out of the booth.

“C’mon Bleu! Let’s dance!” She said, leaning over to me with wide-eyes.

“But-”

“No buts!” Nixon moved, and I hated him for it, because Nicole snatched my hand, hauling me off before Niall or I could protest. 

She wove through the people, her hand reassuring in mine as I was jostled by strangers, finally reaching the middle of the room. She stepped onto a raised platform, and I shook my head, but she pulled me up with her as well. I was sure the boys could see us clear as day up here, but Nicole seemed to think it was the greatest thing ever at the moment. She swayed her hips, dancing in public always coming easier to her. A familiar tune filled my ears, and when Nicole struck a ridiculous pose, and I burst into a fit of laughter, contorting my body into a mocking pose of hers.