Chapter 18

That night I lay in my bed, trying my hardest to fall asleep but for some reason I just couldn't. Niall kept flashing through my mind, his eyes, his hair, his voice, his body, his words...his lips...and I wanted it all just to stop. I was incredibly tired and I wanted to sleep to escape everything, but my imagination said otherwise. 

It was pitch black, the only light being the street lamps that filtered through my windows. It was dead silent except for the rustle of the covers as I moved again, and I sighed, flopping back onto my mattress. I shut my eyes, playing scenarios in my head to try and coax myself to sleep. And then I heard a loud bang, from where, I didn't know, but it scared the absolute mess out of me. I shot up out of the bed like a rocket, grabbing for my phone and lightly landing on my bare feet, being as quiet as possible as I rolled out of the covers. I tip-toed over to my door, peaking out before opening it all the way. I stepped out into the hallway, the cold air hitting my bare legs. I made it to the living room before it happened again, from outside of the house, and I gasped and jumped behind the couch. I peaked over the top, daring to sneak a peak out of the windows, and I saw a silver hummer parked on the curb across the street. 

There was a man sitting in the car that I didn't recognized, but he didn't look happy. I scrambled up to my feet, running into my bedroom and shutting the door before locking it. I vaulted onto the bed, one word flashing through my head. Niall. 

I went through my contacts, clicking his name and completely disregarding the fact that it was two in the morning. It rang and I was shaking, my hand covering my mouth as I drew my knees up to my chest.

On the third ring he picked up, his voice gruff with sleep. "Bleu. What's wrong?" He asked, and I blew out a breath.

"I'm not sure. I think someone is trying to break into my house."

"What? Bleu, are you sure?" He asked, and I heard the muffled movement of him getting up.

"I keep hearing loud bangs outside my house, and there's a car parked across the street with a man inside." I said, pressing my back to the headboard. Another loud bang erupted from the side of the house.

"Did you hear that?" I squealed, clapping a hand to my forehead.

"Yes. I'll be over in a little while." He said, and my heartbeat picked up.

"Don't hang up!" I blurted, and I heard him sigh.

"I won't. Hey, I'm right here." His voice was deep and husky, calming me and sending shivers down my spine even over the phone.

"I'm scared." I said, and his breathing filled my ear. I heard the shutting of a door, then the car cranked up.

"I'm on my way." 

My mind played back to when he told me that he didn't want me alone in case something happened. "Niall, did you know this would happen?" I asked stupidly. Of course he didn't know that there would be thugs trying to bust into my house.

"What?"

"You told me earlier that you didn't want me to be alone."

"Bleu, I didn't know that people would try to break in. But of course I worried."

"Did you think it would be Darren?" I asked quietly, and he sighed.

"I had...reason to believe it, yes." His tone was all business and dangerously deep.

"Niall...how much longer?" I asked, and a shadow crossed my window. It took all I had not to scream.

"Two minutes." He said, and I mentally cried.

"Hurry, please." I whimpered. 

He cursed like a sailor, some in a different language, and others that would make the devil crawl under the floorboards.

"I'm here." He grunted, and then he screamed out "Fuck! That PRICK!" Then a car door slammed shut, and I heard it through the phone and from outside of my house. I bounced off the bed, phone still pressed to my ear. Everything was beside of me as I ran through the house and into the living room, pulling the curtains back to see Niall dragging the driver out of the Hummer. His face was contorted into pure angelic fury, and it took my breath away. 

He slammed the guy down on the hood of the car, and even from here I could see blood spurt from his nose. Niall dropped the limp figure on the pavement, something falling from his hand as he took off running, a new expression on his features. There was rustling as he disappeared, and when I pressed the phone to my ear there was a droning sound, signaling that he'd hung up on me. I tossed the phone on the couch before I ran to the front door and wrenched it open, right as Niall came around the side of the house, holding onto a man that seemed to be in his upper twenties. 

Niall was furious, and the kid looked terrified that he was being man-handled by him. Niall had him by the back of the neck, walking swiftly to the car.

"Dammit, Brady! You're lucky I know you or I'd beat the living SHIT OUT OF YOU!" Niall shouted, opening the door and tossing him in. Right at that time, the man on the ground started groaning, and Niall picked him up, shoving him into the passenger seat.

"Get out!" Niall growled at Brady, whose wide eyes shone with fear. He cranked up the engine, shifting and speeding down the street like a bat outta hell. Niall's shirt was moving up and down from his heavy breathing, the muscles in his arms straining, watching the car go around the curve before he turned to me. 

Regardless of the fact that I had no pants on, I vaulted off of the front steps, running to him. He caught me as I threw myself into his arms, pressing me to him. I buried my face into his neck, inhaling the muffled scent of his cologne, rubbed off from the day. His fingers tangled into my hair, lips colliding with my jaw as he turned his head.

"I was so scared." I mumbled into his shirt, still clinging to him.

"I know, it's okay. I'm here now." He soothed, picking me up and carrying me from the street. He shut the door with his foot once we reached the house. I was clinging to him, fists clenching his shirt and face still buried in his neck. 

He laid me out on the bed, kicking off his shoes before climbing in beside me. I started shaking, everything that had just happened coming to light. He pulled me into his chest, sitting me on his lap as he rocked us back and forth, smoothing down my hair.

"I...was so...scared." I sobbed, squeezing my eyes shut. HE came back into my mind, all the memories and the sleepless nights, all the screaming and the beatings, all those hours and minutes of being scared to death that he would do it all over again. 

"Hey, settle down, Darlin'. I've got you. You're alright." Niall whispered in my ear, still rocking us.

"Don't leave." I sobbed, and he shook his head.

"I'm staying right here." I sucked in another breath, trying to calm myself down even though it felt like everything was caving in on me all at once.

"I just want to go to sleep." I whispered into his skin, and I felt him move, turning down the sheets. He slid me underneath them, then crawled in himself and pulled the covers up and over us. I hid myself beside his body, reveling in the warmth as he covered my body with his own. 

I couldn't stop the words from tumbling out of my mouth, I had to tell someone about it, and usually it was Nicole that held me through the break downs. "He hurt me."

Niall kissed my forehead. "Who, love?" He asked, confused but not showing it.

"Him. Darren. He did. He hurt me a lot." I felt his chest rise from the sharp breath he took, but he steadied it, rubbing my back. "He won't anymore. I promise you that, love."

"But he did. He hurt me bad, and I don't think I'll ever be able to forget it. Or forgive him." I said, and drifted off to sleep. 

(this is short but its better than noting right?

a pic of bleu on the side. its chrissy costanza

yeah my friend is in love with her so i thought she'd look perf a bleu

bye guys, love you all♥

-kiana)