Chapter 12

We sat in the car, parked a little ways away from the club, but not far enough that we couldn't see it. Niall let out a sigh before his gaze flicked to mine, then he reached for the door handle. After he'd swung himself down and walked to open my door, he grabbed my hand in his large one and pulled me toward the club. We'd decided to just go ahead and come here since it was already forty-five minutes away and it'd be open when we got here from in town. 

The wind whipped around us as we approached the entrance, and I tucked my head down to shield myself from it.

"You cold?" Niall's accent was still thick with irritation, his eyes narrowed as we stopped in the road. I shook my head 'yes', and his gaze softened in the slightest way.

"Come here." He said gently, tugging me underneath his arm before we started to walk toward the extremely long line in the front. 

I was surprised when Niall bypassed everyone. 

We arrived at the door, guarded by two extremely despicable looking bouncers, arms crossed over their broad chests and ear pieces in. Niall nodded at them, and they moved aside, one doing a particularly complicated looking handshake I knew I would never remember.

"Have a good night." One of them said, winking at Niall as his eyes flicked to me. I straightened up a little bit more and Niall laughed, disregarding all the people protesting as we walked in without waiting. 

"You want a drink, Darling?" Niall whispered in my ear just as the bass dropped, sending shivers down my spine. I nodded my head, knowing it would be difficult for him to hear me over the music. He stepped behind me, dropping my hand and resting his on my waist to guide me through the sea of thumping bodies. I didn't even recognize the song, but I liked it, along with the lights ricocheting off of the walls and illuminating, well, everything. 

We finally arrived at the bar where it was some-what quieter, and Niall looked at me as if to ask what I wanted. I said a Scotch, not in the mood for the fruity, mixed drinks. He nodded, a smirk twitching at the corners of his mouth, and he leaned over me to tell the bartender our order. His hands left my waist, one of the trailing his fingertips up my back before they rested on my shoulder. My eyes scanned the club, watching as people moved together, and it was only a little while before I found myself swaying along with the beat of the music. Suddenly I felt a breath on my ear, and Niall's husky voice asking,

"Do you like it here?" I turned to him, smiling and nodding my head yes. "It's nice!" I said, making sure he could hear me, and he grinned before handing me my drink. "Thanks!" I said, and he nodded, sipping his beer. 

My ears filled with the familiar song of 'Lights' and my eyes grew wide.

"Dance with me?" I asked Niall, reaching for his hand. He was slumped against the counter, glass poised as if he was going to take a sip, and he raised his brows at me. Slowly, he set his drink down beside him, then hauled me into his chest. His warm breath warmed my neck as he leaned in, slipping my drink out of my hand.

"I don't want to." He said, fingers combing through my hair gently when he pulled back.

"Fine." I said, pushing his arms away and backing up. He stared at me in confusion, and then I started to move my body along with everyone in the crowd. 

The last flash I caught of him before I closed my eyes was all dark blue and parted pink lips, head tilted in lust. A new song was being blared through the speakers, it's beats making my mind hazy and my body move fluidly through the air. My hips swayed back and forth with the beat, my world seeming to slow down and I spun sheepishly in a circle, my hands trailing down my body as I opened my eyes. Niall's tongue flicked out to wet his bottom lip, a sign so simple yet so promiscuous it almost took my breath away.