On Your Right | Steve Rogers

Every single morning, you woke up to go jogging. It was a rule of life for enhanced people like you, especially those whose jobs relied on it. Running was your "gift" so you needed to train it

You liked running. Especially the feel of your lungs burning and your legs tingling after every run. It was exhilarating.

This week, instead of running around Central Park, you decided to change up your schedule and enjoy your morning runs around the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool since you were staying in the area for an assignment. Even though it was your first time in DC, you particularly enjoyed the place, as you could see the early morning sun and clouds mirrored onto the lake. A peaceful touch to your run.

Today, before you began, you took note of someone running at an inhuman rate around the pool. You smirked and started at a normal pace. His shapely figure was easy to recognize. The man sped past you, calling out as he passed "On your left."

You sped up easily and passed him. "On your right!"

A few minutes passed. "On your right!"

Three minutes later, he heard your footsteps coming behind him and spun around. Just before you left his range, he latched onto your arm, forcing you to a grinding halt.

You smiled at him and glanced down at the death grip on your forearm. "On your right."

He chuckled in disbelief and shook his head. "Are you an enhanced?"

You rolled your eyes. "Isn't it obvious, Captain Rogers." You pulled your SHIELD badge out of your pocket and held it up in front of you. "I'm Agent (Y/N) (L/N). Clearance Level 6. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N)."