Circus Act | Clint Barton

Uhmm... oops?

Jk just wanted to scare you.

I decided to do another "Growing Up With Clint" story. This time, it kinda follows his origins in the comics.

PS. Happy Halloween!

"You and I remember Budapest very differently."

Clint by was thrown into the cage, which was closed with a harsh yell from the owner.

He was then left alone in the tent, and the young boy picked up his hands, grimacing at the cuts on his hand from the metal cage and the concrete beneath it.

He curled into a small ball and shuffled to the corner of the cage.

Shortly after, the flap of the small circus tent flew open, and the owner came in through the opening, dragging a small girl through, who was scratching at his arm and kicking furiously.

"Let me go, let me go!"

The man growled and pried her from his arm, unlocking the door and throwing her in.

The girl tumbled across the floor, hitting the back of the cage.

She sat up quickly and glared at the owner as he left the tent.

She noticed Clint in the corner. "Who are you?"

"I'm Clinton," he whispered.

The girl sent a comforting smile his way, pushing her knees to her chest and cradling them there. "I'm (Y/N). I'm seven."

"I'm nine."

"Where are we?" (Y/N) whimpered. "I miss my mommy."

"I miss mine too," Clint responded, although he knew his mother had been the one to sell him to the circus for a small fortune. "Why are you here?"

"The man found me on the street. My mom was killed in a burglary that day."

"I'm sorry."

(Y/N) looked up to meet his eyes. "Thanks."

"You have to perfect this, kids!" The woman snapped to a now teenaged (Y/N) and Clint. "The show is tonight!"

Clint glanced at (Y/N), who nodded in return, and began running. Clint aimed his stick (which was basically his practice arrow) and let go of the bowstring just as she did a tumbling pass.

The stick sailed through the air, and just as (Y/N) arched her back and did a front walkover, the stick hit her in the side.

The woman supervising them groaned.

(Y/N) shook her head, and went back to her starting position. "Try shooting later."

"Sure."

This time, she ran, and just after she started the tumbling pass, Clint released the stick.

As she did the pass, and her back arched, she stood up just before the arrow hit her side.

"Great, Children! Now you may have lunch."