Redundancy | Peter Quill

Sorry for not updating in five while days! School's been really hectic for the last two weeks, and it probably will continue to be, so I might not update for a while.

You were walking through the ship, deeply entranced in the novel you held in your forearms. You passed by an open door, stopping just as you passed the threshold, and raised an eyebrow.

You looked up.

"What the hell are you people doing?"

Steve Rogers looked up from his seat atop the conference table, and shrugged, turning back to his phone which you recently taught him to use.

Natasha rolled her eyes from the side of the room, and Wanda just took a sip of coffee from her cup, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips.

You closed your book with a snap, crossing your arms and settling on one hip.

"I'll ask again. What the hell are you people doing?!"

From the floor, Clint looked up at you with a huge smile on his face, both Peters turning around with the same look. Tony and Banner just continued studying the "project" in front of them, and T'Challa was nowhere to be seen. Perhaps he and Vision got tired of the immaturity of these so called "superheroes".

Peter stood up and pulled you into a hug. "Hey, Babe."

You pushed him off, re-crossing your arms once more. "Don't 'Hey Babe' me. What the hell is this mess?"

"Oh, uh..." He awkwardly scratched the back of his head, the flared his arms out in a 'Jazz Hands' motion.

"Science!"

You rolled your eyes, walking further into the room, then kicking down the paper/cup/human papier-mâché art they had created. They had even gone as far as to use the empty bottles of elmer's glue when it ran out.

The stick mess fell into Barton, who groaned from the sudden weight, and Bucky frantically stood up, breathing heavily.

"Finally!"

You snickered. "What happened in here?"

Tony pouted. "We have no use. There's no missions, no alien invasion, terrorist attack, or any threat!"

"Aaand that's a bad thing...?"

"We just feel useless," Natasha responded, pulling Wanda's cup out of her hands and taking a sip herself.

Wanda pouted, crossed her arms, and discreetly made the Coffee burning hot, so when Natasha took another sip, she dropped the cup and burned her tongue.

Wanda caught the mug with her powers, cooling it down and chugging the rest down.

"It's a bad thing because we get bored. Do you know what happens when a group of rich, smart, strong, and egotistical people get bored?"

"I'm guessing this?" You motioned to the pile of glue and paper on the floor.

Peter (the Quill one) smiled like a child up at you. "Yep!"

Peter (the Parker one) copied him, nodding instead, rather than responding.

You sighed in exasperation, flipping then off and walking back out the door, finding your page again.

"If Fury sees this, he'll chop of all your heads!"

"No he won't! He's the one who told us to stay in here in the first place!"