Right Next To You | Clint Barton

Song fic!

I'm probably going to be posting another version (but a different song), because this one kinda sucks. And it's probably going to be someone else.

Based upon the song "Right Next to You" by Me

I'm falling too fast,
But I'm not gonna crash;
I'm gonna fall safely into your arms.

Clint was your anchor. He was the one who always made you feel like you belonged, and (somehow) kept you sane. You trusted him with your entire life, and he did the same.

I'm stuck in reverse,
No, I'm not coming first,
But second is good enough for me.

Of course, you and Clint also had your goofy moments, where you both acted like hyperactive children who were given jellybeans and made a mess of your apartment, but those were the moments you cared about.

Why?

You would always end up cuddled into his chest, his arms wrapped around you like a blanket, giving you a warm sense of security.

You two had your fights, but, overall, you were a perfect couple. A bit cliché, but perfect nonetheless.

I get lost in your eyes,
We can watch the time fly.
Somehow when the night sky
Shines brightly it reminds me of your smile.

I get lost in your eyes.
You tell me how time flies.
In an instant we could be.

When you met Clint all those years ago, as a Sophomore in high school, never in your wildest dreams would you have thought you'd be come his girlfriend, let alone marry him. You were high school sweethearts, one of the most envied type of love, and you were blessed to spend the rest of your life with someone like Clint.

Years later, you can still remember those first nights like it happened yesterday, and your love for each other grows and grows each day.

Sometimes you never realize just how far you've gone with Clint. Those few breakups and first few big fights seem like nothing anymore; your love for him masked it out completely.

We could be soaring through the sky.
We could be stars just passing by.
We could see heaven, and we could see earth!

Why would I need that when I'm right here next to you?

No matter what, all you wanted was for your children and Clint to stay there by your side.

His job as an Avenger guaranteed you fame and fortune, but all you wanted was a normal, private life, not the life of a celebrity who couldn't trust anyone. That's what encouraged you to buy the property in your old town. It was remote, yet close enough to a large city, incase you needed anything. The property was large, and the house had enough rooms to start the family you always wanted to have with Clint.

My life was never complete without you.
I never knew how I lived without you.
How did I ever live without you?

My love, never leave me.
My love, you complete me.
My life, you have no idea how I've been.

Clint has been your friend since the beginning of time. You were made for each other, and even during that ten-year period where you never spoke a word to each other, you still missed him like crazy.

It was during that period in which you finally found your feelings for him.