Hellish Flame | Pietro Maximoff

Written in first person.

I'm trying something new... Kinda like a movie trailer. The bold is a voiceover, and regular is the action.

"Perhaps, young one, you are unaware that everyone is aware of you."

I was always told that God would look after me.

The bombs rained down like burning raindrops, exploding with a hellish desire to kill once they touched the ground. Buildings collapsed in the force, the ones that were left, swallowed up by the flames. The humans inside were disregarded, flaming beams piling on top of young children, entire families.

A young girl cried, holding onto a metal support beam in her house, cinders flying up from the floor and coating her tear-streaked face.

The burnt and dead bodies of her parents were laying just out of reach, their grip still tight on each other.

After a while, I stopped believing them.

Even after the explosions stopped, chaos was still present. The fires seemed to create their own weather, causing a strong wind to carry the flames across the now barren land, setting fire to the forests.

"Mom!" The young girl cried, as the building she was in started to collapse around her. Her cries were swallowed up by the flames that licked at her legs, turning the flesh a bright red.

Perhaps I should have listened.

The nine-year-old girl woke up in a brightly lit room, with three white pained walls, and one completely made out of glass.

There were two others in the room, both she had seen in the next grade up at her school.

"Shhh, shhh. It's okay." The girl cooed, placing a comforting hand on the younger girl's arm. "You're safe here."

Maybe this wouldn't have happened.

"Look!" The now twelve-year-old girl cried, her arms spread out at her sides, the flames dancing in a circle around her.

"Pietro! I'm doing it!" She cried.

Pietro, a bright and friendly thirteen yet old, zipped over to her, leaving a blue-grey path in his wake.

"Yes, you are," he jokingly observed.

She suddenly sent the entire circle over to him, knowing he would see it coming and zip away in time, which he did.

Maybe they would still be alive.

"Hey," I grabbed Pietro's arm, holding his fist to my chest. "Promise me you'll be careful."

He nodded, kissing my forehead. "I promise, my love," he responded, speeding away without another word.

With that, I took a deep breath, placing one foot in front of the other. My hands came down to my sides, and the entire floating island shuddered, and a sudden blast of wind made my jacket and hair fly up. I used my powers to hold onto the buildings and structures on the edge of the island, making sure the Avengers checked no one was inside, before I released my hold on it, and let it fall, thus conserving my energy.

M-maybe they would still be here.

Clint had gone after a young boy, who was trapped in the marketplace.

I heard a noise in the distance, turning so that I could see what it was.

The Avenger's Quinjet was flying on it's own, coming to a stop in midair.

The guns fired, and I gasped, catching some of the bullets headed towards Clint and the boy with my abilities.

A bright flash of blue and silver caught my eye, but it was too late for me to shift my focus to the rest of the bullets.

"Pietro!"

Maybe t-they would s-still love me.

"We need to break the asteroid apart," I suggested, my voice strong, despite the incident.

"I have an idea,"

With that, the ground under my feet shuddered, and my entire hometown started to fall to the ground.

"No time! I'll do it," I yelled, a light forming at my fingertips. I used the sudden surge of power to break apart the rock.

My power now entirely exhausted, I could no longer get to safety, and continued free falling with the meteoroids around me.

The sound of jet thrusters made it's way into my ears, and I turned.

"Grab onto me!" Tony yelled.

I reached for his hand, but a piece of debris knocked me away. I flipped back around, so my chest was facing the ground. The water was only a few hundred feet below me. Tony was too far away to get to me in time, and I knew if he tried, he would crash into water, too.

With one last whisper, I said my final words. "I'm sorry I couldn't save him, Wanda."

I do believe in God, now.

AHHHH 10K
I CNAT BRETAHE

Ps. I think you guys will really like the next imagine I have next...
ITS A CLINT ONE