Fav // Love Story | T'Challa Udaku

Hi. This one's kinda sad.

This is another one of my favorites. I just really like it.

"T'Challa," you scolded, as he pushed you out of the palace hallways and into a storage closet as you passed by.

"I told you we can't keep doing this. Your father would be exceptionally angry with both of us! You would be denied the crown, and I could be executed!"

He took both of your hands in his. "(Y/N), just please hear me out! I love you, and not even my father could stop me."

He got down on one knee. "You deserve better, my dear. Would you run away with me?"

You were silent for a moment, your mouth opening and closing like a fish, speechless.

"I-- Um--I--"

T'Challa was heartbroken, thinking that was a no.

"Of course."

His head snapped up.

"What?"

"Of course I'll run away with you!"

He jumped up happily, pulling you into a hug and lifting you up.

You were both just naive seventeen year olds, and the thought of spending your lives together was the best idea ever.

Now looking back on it, it was the worst decision you've ever made.

You both secretly left the palace that night, hand in hand. You both had no idea where to go, but if you were together, it was worth it.

T'Challa had left his phone behind, only taking simple clothes, and a lot of money for both of you to use.

You had bought a tiny, one-bedroom apartment on the outskirts of town, farthest away from the palace.

Contrary to your thoughts, T'Challa had no problem with staying in the dirty apartment. All he cared about was staying with you. You both got jobs that paid fairly well, and were able to get a slightly nicer apartment, which was a bit cleaner, and more spacious.

You two managed to stay out of the reaches of his father, only going out when absolutely necessary. You married him that summer.

You were cooking in the kitchen, two months after your marriage, a huge smile on your face. T'Challa came in the front door, setting down his work bag, and his jacket.

"Hi, love!" You greeted cheerfully, turning off the stove. "I just wanted to tell you that--"

"We need to go." He interrupted you. "Now."

"Wha-- Why?!"

He walked forward and grabbed your wrist. "One of my father's attendants saw me. We must leave at once."

"But T'Challa, what about--"

"Listen, (Y/N)! They are on their way here right now, and I don't think they plan on taking you alive. We need to go--"

He was cut off by the front door being kicked open, and a team of armed men rushing in. Three of them grabbed your husband, pulling him out the door as you were held back.

"No!" You screamed, and a rag was placed over your mouth and nose, causing you to fall asleep.

You awoke with a gasp in a small, dim hut with a dirt roof and simple wood furniture.