Chance | Loki

Once again, I apologize if it is rushed.

Loki shot energy to the old man, but you jumped from the bay door, creating a force field just before it hit him. You landed on one knee, head dropped down, and your arms raised up behind you like wings. Steve jumped down behind you, giving you a sense of reassurance.

You stood up, meeting the deranged god's eyes, and walked forwards, as the crowd parted for you.

"Y'know... The last time I saw a man standing above everyone else, we ended up disagreeing."

"Ah... (Y/N) (L/N) and Steve Rogers. The man and woman out of time. How hilarious how our seemingly impossible expressions come to life... Isn't it?"

You rolled your eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Now get down on the ground with your hands up where I can see them, or we'll be forced to take you in using any means necessary."

He tilted his head, challenging you, and shot a beam of energy at you, catching you in the stomach, and sending you back against Steve. Both of you were knocked down on impact. You got up quickly.

"Alright! That's it!"

He shook his head and chuckled. "Oh, dear (Y/N)," he turned back to you. "I have magic."

He used his scepter to shoot a powerful beam at you, aiming directly for your heart. The people around you gasped.

As it approached, you swiftly raised an arm, and the beam acted as if it hit a wall, sparking up and disappearing.

"Ooh..." You mock pouted. "So do I."

You raised both arms above you, causing the water from the damp ground to follow, and create two huge waves on either side of him.

"Make your move, Reindeer Games," Tony said, landing next to you, and aiming all his weapons.

He put his hands up slowly, transforming out of his armor, placing his scepter down on the floor.

You bended the water up into the air and down a storm drain as Steve walked forward to pull Loki into the Quinjet. You dusted off your hands and picked up his scepter, pausing when a rush of energy flowed through your body.

You looked down at the scepter, who's blue gem was glowing brightly.

You returned to the jet soon, placing the scepter in a crate and sealing it, so that Loki couldn't get to it.

As you made your way back to SHIELD Headquarters, the plane was silent.

You flew into a thunderstorm, Loki wincing whenever the thunder shook the plane.

"What's wrong?" Steve asked. "Afraid of a little lightning?"

"I'm not particularly fond of what follows."

As if on cue, a heavy thud sounded on the roof of the Quinjet.

Tony opened the bay door, about to step outside, but the figure quickly kicked him again are the controls, smashing into Steve on the way.

He pulled Loki up and jumped off the jet, Tony about to follow.

"Wait! Tony! We should have a plan of attack!" You yelled.

"I have a plan. Attack."

He disappeared into the clouds soon after. You rolled your eyes as Steve was getting on his parachute.

"Y'know, you don't really need that, right? You have me."

He looked up at you, pausing for a moment, then ripping off the straps, and standing up.

Natasha looked back. "You really shouldn't go after these guys. They're basically gods!"

You jumped up, Steve picking you up bridal style. "There's only one God, Natasha. And he doesn't dress that way."

Steve jumped off the bay door, you creating a force field around you both, and making the wind swirl around you to slow your descent safely.

You landed softly on the ground, jumping out of Steve's arms as Tony and Thor continued fighting.

You stayed at a far enough distance that you couldn't hear the fighting, but you noticed that Thor was about to strike Steve's shield.

Knowing the consequences of forcefully combining two indestructible metals, you instantly created a small hole for yourself, creating a force field around you so that the sound wave could safely pass above you.

You pushed yourself back up when the wave was gone, surprised to see the trees knocked down.

"Are you boys done?" You yelled to them, in which all three of them nodded. You crossed your arms and made your way back up to the cliff where Loki was.

"You didn't run off?"

"No, I didn't."

You smiled, making a branch grow to your left.

The hologram disappeared, and the real Loki stood encased in the thick branches. "Nice try," you commented.

"But I'm not taking anymore chances."