Req.&Fav // Useless Pt. 2 | Steve Rogers

Request by @maddezz
I tried not to make it a cliffhanger! I swear!

Four Months Later

"Hey, Parker." You greeted, waving a hand up.

Peter looked up from his phone, smiling and waving back at you. "Hi, (Y/N)."

You continued down the hallway to the kitchen, shifting your neck brace around to a comfortable position, finally making it to the counter and sitting on one of the barstools. You grabbed an apple from the fruit basket on the dark marble slab, biting down on it.

"Hey, blue," Tony greeted, passing you and patting your head once, walking to the cabinet and pulling a mug out.

Your eyebrows furrowed. "Blue?"

Tony shrugged. "Natasha is Red, so you're Blue."

You rolled your eyes, stepping around the countertop island, and getting a mug from the opened cabinet. After Tony poured himself a cup of coffee, you did the same.

"So, what's going on, Blue?"

You sipped the warm liquid, hopping onto the counter and taking a seat. "I can still kick Natasha's ass after a year with my spinal injury, and my back doesn't hurt like it used to when I walked."

"No, I meant how are you doing?"

Sighing and placing down your mug next to you, you shrugged. "You know how I feel about..." you trailed off and grimaced, not wanting to let anyone else hear, especially the man in question. "And he's still with... yeah, Tony. Not doing so well."

Tony opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off when Steve practically waltzed into the room.

"(Y/N)! You have a crush?"

You visibly tensed, and you took a second to compose yourself, before answering with a quiet "Yes."

He chuckled, opening the cupboard, and pulling out a granola bar, opening the wrapper. "Just make sure to bring him here one day, so I can knock some sense into him. Probably scare the poor kid to death."

You bit your lip and stood up, quickly stepping out of the room, leaving your cup of coffee half-empty on the counter, your sudden silence leaving a strange air of awkwardness in the room.

Steve watched you go, leaning against the counter, a confused expression on his face. "What's wrong with (Y/N)? She's avoiding me."

"Can you blame her," Tony muttered against his coffee cup, quickly taking a sip to disguise his words when Steve looked his way.

"What?"

"Nothing." Tony pushed himself off the counter, setting the nearly-empty cup in the sink. "I really shouldn't interfere. That's your's and (Y/N)'s problem."

He walked out of the room, leaving Steve even more confused than he was before. "Problem? What problem?"

"(Y/N) where the hell are you?" Clint barked through the comms.

"Back at the hanger! Four soldiers are attacking me!" You grunted as your legs were kicked out beneath you. "I need backup!"

"On my way!"

You internally groaned at the sound of Steve's voice, and gasped when a soldier behind you kicked you in the back, and to the ground.

"Steve!" You called, as your comm was ripped from your ear and stomped on.