The Book Store | Bucky Barnes

"Buck!" You called out through your apartment. Your purse fell out of your hand as you slipped your shoes on, stumbling when your balance failed you. You cursed a little until you finally regained your balance, brushing your hair out of your face.

"Bucky!"

You heard the bedroom door open. "Yes, love?"

"I'm going to the bookstore! Wanna come with me?"

He came down the stairs, pushing his sleeves up to his elbows absentmindedly "What for?"

You shrugged, grabbing your keys off the table near the door. "I finished my novel. I want a new one."

He wrapped his metal arm around your waist, chuckling at your eagerness. "It's only been a week and a half since you got it."

"I know. So this time, I'm getting two, so I won't have to go as often," you explained, placing your hands on his chest. "And I'm going to a different bookst. The library's bookstore is out of good novels."

He nodded. "I'll come with you."

You slipped out of his arms and opened the door to the apartment, smiling widely. "Great! I heard there's a bookstore that just opened on eleventh street! I wanna check it out."

He nodded, making sure his metal arm was hidden behind his back, and the sleeve was pulled down as far as it could go.

/

There you both stood with a smirk on your face, staring up at the store's sign. Bucky wasn't saying anything. You couldn't tell if he was in disbelief or if he had finally keeled over from old age.

You turned to Bucky. "This is my new favorite bookstore."

His eyes were wide as he stared up at the Barnes and Noble's sign.

"Who the hell is Noble?"