Fav // Lay Me Down | T'Challa Udaku

Warning: 😭

Part Two (...?) to "Breakeven | T'Challa Udaku"

Based off "Lay Me Down" by Sam Smith.

This time, it wasn't you who died, but someone else (or... and irrelevant character)

Plot: T'Challa struggling to let go of his best friend that died, especially when his main servant looks exactly like her.

P.S. the song doesn't really match the action, so just ignore it.

P.P.S. This one took so long to write😬😅

Yes, I do, I believe
That one day I will be
Where I was, right there
Right next to you

"Sir?"

"What?" T'Challa snapped, turning his head to see the servant that appeared that the door. He sat at his large bed, staring out of the floor-to-ceiling window that overlooked a vast jungle.

You cowered behind the door, afraid of his capabilities. "The avengers are here, sir. They are ready for the burial."

Although you weren't born in the kingdom, you still had a heavy accent. You could, however, imitate an American accent if you wanted to, and that was why all the other servants despised you. You could leave and make a new life somewhere. A better life.

His eyes glanced towards the window once more, eyeing the deep hole dug into the distant hill, shaded by a fifty-year old tree.

"Thank you." He stood up from the bed, fixing his suit, and heading towards the door. Before he could actually see your face, you scurried towards a hidden door for the servants, right behind a large painting and closed it behind you, walking off towards the kitchen.

And it's hard
The days just seem so dark
The moon and the stars
Are nothing without you

"We are here to celebrate the life of Celeste Ambrosi, and her incredible work as The Emerald Haze."

The ceremony ended after what seemed like hours. Tony felt completely guilty, and left as soon as it was over. T'Challa didn't blame him. He thought he was doing what was right.

The king was the last to leave.

Actually, he probably wouldn't have left, if you wouldn't have urged him to go.

It had started to rain, and the sun was setting in the distance, so you pulled out a black umbrella, climbed out of one of the entourage cars, and made your way through the grass, and under the old, fifty foot Jackalberry tree.

You wondered what he was staring at, and soon realized it was at the small, wooden cross over your grave. Celeste's name was carved into it.

It, of course, wasn't her formal gravestone, but just a simple marking to be placed until the final mark arrived.

"Sir, we must go back to the pal-"

"It's so incredibly unfair."

You were taken aback by his words. "I'm sorry, sir?"