0.3

word count; 1931

.

.

Liam hurried around the kitchen, rushing to get ready before work early the next morning. He wanted to see Ara and Teddy off to school, but he had a case. So Cat was going to drop them off.

As he hurried out the front door of the house, Ara was just coming down the stairs, and what she wore caused him to stop, and do a good once over with her outfit. Ara wore a white tank top with the American flag on it, black-grey jean shorts with some sort of print on it, and black converse, She had her long hair down, but wore a ribbon in the back of her hair. Her nails were black, and each arm had two bracelets on it. As she got closer to him, he noted the spacers in her ears, the nose ring, and the lip ring. And on her left leg was a rose tattoo going up to just below her knee. When Ara got him staring she frowned. "Speak now or forever hold you peace. This is who I am. If you have a problem, well then I don't care." Liam was lost for words, but swallowed.

"If they ask you to cover up, all I ask is that you do that." he manage to say, not wanting to offend her.

"Fine. Late?"

"Kinda."

"Well bye."

"Cat will be here soon. Be nice to her."

"Okay.

"Bye."

As soon as he left, Ara breathed out. "Well that was awkward." she mumbled. Ara hobbled into the kitchen looking for food. She was starving, but then again, she had her first meal only yesterday. She rummaged through the cupboards and found a stash of chocolate. "Well, if he kills me for eating it so be it." She grabbed a kit kat bar off the shelf and opened it up. Taking a bite, in walked Teddy, who eyed her.

"Since when do we have chocolate?"

"Just found it. Want one?"

"What do we got?"

"Kit Kat, Aero, Mars, Snickers, etc."

"Mars." Ara grabbed one and tossed it to her brother. "When's Cat getting here?"

"Soon." Ara mumbled.

The two quietly munched on the "breakfast" while they waited for Cat. Ara's bag rested at her feet, and Teddy's was hanging off his shoulders. There was a knock at the door. "Cat's here." Teddy said, heading to open the door. Ara stayed in the kitchen, not moving. Cat accompanied Teddy back into the kitchen.

"You two ready to seize the day?" she asked, enthusiastically.

"Yay!" Ara replied sarcastically.

"Well, it was worth a shot. Come on you two." Ara and teddy tossed the wrappers in the garbage, and headed out into the warm air. It was cloudy outside, but the air was warm, maybe a high of forty or something. Teddy climbed into the backseat of Cat's car, and Ara sat in the front. As soon as they drove oof, in went Ara's ear buds, blocking out the world. My Chemical Romance's Welcome To The Black Parade filtered through her ears. She sang along softly. Ara was too lost in her world to know that the car had stopped until Teddy pulled out an ear bud, and she went to slap him.

"Easy tiger. We're here." he muttered. Ara pulled out the other ear bud, and looked out the window.

"Joy."

"Oh come on. You're gonna have fun!" Cat said. "And if any one messes with you, give em' a reason not to." Cat smiled. That smile faded when two pairs of teenage eyes turned to her, dark and clouded.