2.5

Ara walked out of the bathroom, humming lightly to herself. She tied her hair up in a messy bun.

She padded down the hall, and unto her room. She flopped down on her bed, face first. It had been a long day. She rolled over onto her back and stared up at the ceiling.

"Long day?"

"Yep." She replied, looking over at Liam.

"Was it a good day though?"

"Yeah it was. I'm really glad that Ashton's not dead." Liam gave Ara one of those 'protective father' looks.

"Do you like this boy?" He asked. Ara covered her face with a laugh.

"Are we really going to talk about boys?" She asked. Liam joined in on the laughter.

"No I guess not. Just watch your back. You know where I keep the pepper spray." He added walking away. Ara shook her head with laughter.

"Hey Liam!" She called. Liam made his way back to her room.

"Yes?"

"Thank you. For helping Ashton. It meant a lot to me." Ara said.

"That's what dad's are for, right? Helping their children." Ara nodded. She got up and bounded over to him, giving him a hug.

"Thanks dad." She whispered. Liam smiled to himself, hugging her back. He was glad Ara had some acceptance for him.

"You're welcome Kiddo."

"You know, mum would be proud of you." She said, pulling away from him. "You're doing a good job." Liam smiled at her.

"Thank you." He replied. "Goodnight Ara."

Ara watched from the window as Liam pulled out of the driveway in the cruiser. It was late, and Teddy was most likely asleep. Ara grabbed her smokes and tip toed out of her room, not wanting to wake him. She padded down the hall, and downstairs, deciding to sit out front instead of using the window.

She grabbed her sweater of the edge of the couch and stepped into the chilly night air. She took a seat on the front steps, and lit her cigarette. She inhaled the smoke, then blew it out, watching it create a cloud of white in the dark air. She waved her hand around, making it disappear.

Ara thought back to this morning when she kissed Ashton. She hadn't expected him to do that. Ara wasn't sure that he even had feelings for her up until that point. But he said he cared about her. That made her feel giddy inside. Because she cared about him too. But people she cared about tended to get hurt and that's what scared her.

Ara took another drag of the cigarette, and heard laughter. She lifted her head, and smiled.

"Hey." She said, looking up at Ashton.

"Hey." He replied, coming to sit next to her. She offered him the cigarette which he gladly took. He placed it between his lips and breathed in. He let out the smoke, handing the joint back to her.

"What are you doing out so late?" She asked him.

"I needed to clear my head." He grinned at her.

"Now where have I heard that before?" She asked, leaning closer to him. Ashton shrugged.

"I don't know." He said, kissing her. Ara reached up and grabbed the back of his neck, pulling him closer. Ashton's hand gripped the side of her waist. He lifted her up, and onto his waist so that straddled his waist. Ara deepened the kiss, pressing herself against him. He pulled back.

"Damn." He muttered. Ara laughed.

"What?" She teased. He glanced up at her, biting his lip.

"Every time I kiss you . . ." he trailed off. Ara smiled.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. You literally take my breath away." She said. Ashton wrapped his arms around her back. She leaned against him. Ara put out the cigarette and tossed it aside.

"Ara, I have to ask you something." He said. She looked at him.

"What's that?"

"When I found you on the ledge of the roof, were you going to jump?" He asked. Ara pursed her lips.

"I- I thought about it . . . but I wasn't a hundred percent sure." Ashton stroked her cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know if I could live without you." She admitted. "I know how cliché that sounds, but it's the truth. There are days where you're the only thing on my mind." She sighed. Ashton nudged his nose against hers.

"Well I'm here now. You don't have to worry." He whispered. He leaned in and kissed her gently. "I'm not going anywhere." Ara nodded and kissed him again. Their lips moved in sync as they kissed. Suddenly, there was shouting.

"USE PROTECTION!" Ara broke away from Ashton with laughter. She looked up to see Teddy with his head hanging out the window.

"Shut up!" She yelled back.

"What! I don't need you being a teen mom!"

"Oh my god Teddy go away!" She laughed.

"Hey Ashton!" Teddy waved.

"Hey Teddy!" He shouted.

"You two have fun. But not that kind!" Teddy disappeared from the window. Ara buried her face in Ashton's shoulder.

"He's so embarrassing." She whined.

"Yeah, that was kinda weird." Ashton agreed. Ara nodded. She wrapped her arms around his waist, and gently kissed the exposed skin of his shoulder. Ashton breathed out. She smirked, and kissed up the side of his neck, stopping below his ear. She gently bit the skin. Ashton bit his lip to hold back his moans.

"You're such a tease." He said.

"Am not." She replied. "I'm just good with my mouth." She whispered in his ear. Ashton shook his head. He pulled back to look at her

"You heard Teddy, Ara. We have to use protection, and well, I don't have any on me." She laughed.

"Go home." She smiled, kissing his cheek and lifting her leg up so that she could stand. She pulled Ashton with her. He leaned down to give her one last kiss. It was soft, and gentle. He smiled.

"See you in school?" He said. She nodded.

"Goodnight Goldie Locks." She said.

"Night love." He replied, walking away. Ara turned around and headed back inside with a smile on her face, excited for tomorrow.