4.2

Liam paced back and forth in the kitchen, while the four teens watched him intently. Ara and Teddy's eyes followed his figure as he paced. He looked half nervous and half ready to kill someone. "Liam," Teddy said. The older man didn't respond. He just stopped and stared at the floor sighing, and running his hands over his face.

"Liam?" Ara said. She glanced up at her friends. They just shrugged awkwardly. "Liam," Ara said his name a little. "Liam,"

"Is he okay?" Calum whispered.

"I don't know." Sam whispered back.

"Liam," Teddy called. "You okay?"

"DAD!" Ara shouted. Liam jumped, looking at her with wide, shocked eyes, as did Teddy.

"Y-Yes?" He stammered.

"You good?" She asked. "You look like shit."

"I- truth be told, no I'm not okay. Someone out there wants you dead, most likely Craig of all people. It's not safe for you two."

"I can handle myself." Ara argued. "As can Teddy."

"That's not the point Ara," Liam said. "The point is that you're no longer safe here. Not with that Maniac is out and about. From now on, Cat will drive you to and from school, and you two aren't to leave the house unless one of us is with you, am I clear?"

"But-"

"Am I clear?" Liam repeated, firmly.

"Yes." They muttered.

"I mean it guys, no sneaking out. We already lost your mum. I don't want one of you to be next." Liam turned to Sam and Calum. "Maybe you to should spend the night, just in case." He left the room.

The kitchen fell silent. Sam sighed, leaning into Calum's side. She was tired. They all were, but they weren't sure if they could sleep at this point. "No one . . . no one tell Ashton." Ara finally said. "I don't want him any more involved than he already is."

"He's gonna know something's up," Calum said. "It'll be all over your face tomorrow, and you can't deny it."

"Just, don't tell him anything. I'll tell him eventually." She said.

"You guys should probably avoid us for the next little bit too." Teddy said.

"Why?" Sam asked.

"You said you told Chuck you didn't know us. Nor have you seen us. So if he sees us at school together, it's game over, Sam." Ara said.

"Ashton's not gonna like it." Calum pointed out.

"I know, but it's what's best. Just until this blows over." Everyone else nodded.

"So . . . slumber party?" Sam suggested.

"You and Calum, huh?" Ara said to Sam as the girls got ready for bed. Sam blushed and glanced over at her.

"Y-Yeah." She replied. Ara smirked at her. "Oh shut up. We didn't do anything."

"Sure." Ara replied.

"I'm serious." Sam laughed. "Well, I may or may not have kissed him but-"

"You kissed him!" Ara shouted. Sam quickly clamped her hand over her friend's mouth.

"I don't need the whole damn world knowing." Sam whisper hissed at her. She removed her hand.

"Sorry, I'm just happy. No, scratch that, I'm excited!" Ara squealed. Sam rolled her eyes. "Did he kiss you back?" She asked. Sam blushed again.

"Yes." She mumbled.

"Aww." Ara cooed. "That's so cute."

"Shut up." Sam laughed.

"See, I told you he liked you."

"Actually, Ashton told you. But you're were right."

"How did you tell him?"

"He told me." Sam smiled.

"What?"

"I know! He just was like, 'You know, I like you, Sam.' And yeah, that was it."

"Well I'm happy for you."

"Thanks, Ara."

"You're welcome. Now let's get some sleep. I have to deal with Ashton tomorrow and I know he's not gonna like what I have to tell him."

"Night, Ara."

"Night Sam."

"No." Ashton said, the following Monday Morning. "No."

"Ashton,"

Ara and Ashton sat on the school roof arguing. They'd been up there all morning arguing, and Ashton was being quite stubborn.

"The answer is no." He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well I wasn't asking for your permission, I was telling you." Ara responded. She rolled her eyes. "It's not forever Ashton, it's temporary."

"I don't care." He said. "I'm not going to just stop talking to you!"

"Dammit Ashton, why are you being so stubborn!"

"I'm not." He retorted.

"Yes you are." She groaned.

"No, I'm not. You asked me to stay away from you and I said no. I get that you don't want me involved Ara, but dammit, I'm not just going leave you alone."

"Ashton," she whined. "Please, just listen to me." She crawled over to him and climbed into his lap. She placed both her hands on either side of his face.

"Ara-"

"Just listen," she said, placing a hand over his mouth. "Just because I asked you to avoid me in school doesn't mean you have to stop talking to me. I can always call you, you know that?" Ashton frowned against her hand. "I just need you to act like you don't know me when we're outside."

"BuhIdun'twhunto." He mumbled.

"What?" Ashton removed her hand.

"But I don't want to." He frowned. Ara sighed.

"I know, but please, Ashton. I can't live without you." She mumbled. Ashton rested his forehead against hers.

"I'm sorry I'm being stubborn." He apologized.

"I forgive you." She replied. "I just want you safe."

"I get that. I'm just- I guess because of my dad, I'm so used to being protective of my family, that I just can't have you getting hurt."

"I'm not. Liam has Teddy and I on complete lockdown until we get to the bottom of this."

"But that could take forever, Ara." He groaned.

"Better safe than sorry." She stated. Ashton sighed.

"So is this my last day with you?" He asked.

"You say that like you're breaking up with me." She said nervously. Ashton. Shook his head.

"I'm not." He said, kissing her. "I want to spend as much time with you as possible before I have to start ignoring you." He explained.

"We can always call each other." She reminded him. He laughed.

"That's true." He looked up at her. "I love you." He said.

"I love you two, Goldie Locks." She teased. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and leaned into him. "I wish we could just pause this moment, and stay here forever." She whispered.

"Me too." He replied.