3.1

The room was completely silent except for the sounds of soft breathing coming from the two teens lying in bed.

Ashton had one arm draped around Ara's waist, and was curled up into her backside. Ara gripped the blanket tightly in her hand, having it pulled up to her chin, while the remainder of the blanket was draped over Ashton's waist. In the light, Ashton's tan skinned contrasted with Ara's pale akin nicely. Small purple bruises littered the side her neck. Reminders of last nights activities. Ara rolled over in her sleep, and cuddled deeper into her boyfriend's chest, enjoying the warmth he gave off.

Ashton woke first, stirring lightly. He opened his eyes slowly, and yawned, before nuzzling further into his girlfriend. He smiled against her skin, kissing it softly. Ara stirred but stayed fast asleep. Her skin was warm to touch. He ran his fingertips gently down her arm. She shivered. He smiled.

Quietly, he slipped out of bed, and grabbed his boxers off the ground, pulling them on over his legs, before yanking on his jeans. He glanced over his shoulder, smiling at the sight of his girlfriend lying in her bed. Her hair was messy and all over the place. He laughed.

Climbing out onto the roof, and leaned against the cold shingles. He grabbed his lighter from his pocket and lit up the cigarette he had. His lips curled around the end, taking a deep breath. White smoke filled the sky, swirling around him.

Ara rolled over in hopes of finding her boyfriend, but instead was met with emptiness. She opened her eyes and frowned. "Where-" she sat up, clutching the blanket closer to her. "Ashton?" She called out. No response. She flopped back on the bed. "Where'd you go?" She mumbled.

After getting bored of staring at the ceiling, Ara swung her legs off the side of the bed and went to stand. "Whoa! Okay, nope, just, sit back down." She mumbled. She leaned forwards resting on her knees. "That is not a pleasant feeling."

Ara attempted to get out of bed several times after that, and failed miserably as the pain between her thighs was worse than she'd imagined. She was definitely feeling last night more than she wished.

"Come on Ara, is it really that hard to stand?" She wondered aloud, already knowing the answer. She pushed herself up, and stepped forward, only to stumble. Thankfully, someone grabbed her arm. She only hoped to god that it wasn't Teddy because that would be embarrassing to explain. She clutched the blanket tighter.

"Need a hand?" Ara looked up and laughed.

"Yeah." She said. Ashton smiled as he scooped her up bridal style making her squeal. Ara groaned. "Okay, just give me a minute." She breathed.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked.

"Nothing. I'm just feeling last night a little more than I'd like." Ashton bit his lip to conceal his laughter. "Wipe that smirk off your face."

"You're precious." He said.

"Shut up."

"Make me." She grabbed his chin and pressed her lips firmly to his. "Okay, you win." He mumbled into the kiss.

Ara shuffled about her room looking for clothes to wear. Ashton was downstairs with Teddy. The two of them were talking about music and other things. She grabbed a bra off the ground and quickly put that on along with a pair of underwear. She tossed the blanket aside, and grabbed a t-shirt off the ground. She yanked that on, and then sighed. "Pants Ara, you need pants."

"No you don't." Ashton said, standing in the doorway.

"How long have you been standing there."

"Not long. I showed up when you put your shirt on." He responded. "Teddy and I made you tea." He added. Ara smiled.

"Thanks." She made her way over to him at a slow pace. She was still on pain a bit. She grabbed the tea from him. She leaned in for a kiss. Ashton cupped the side of her face, kissing her back. "I love you." She mumbled, quietly.

"I love you to." He responded.

"Hey, if I don't need pants, then you don't need a shirt, because that is one sight I wouldn't mind seeing 24/7." She smirked. Ashton laughed, stepping into her room. He shut the door, and pulled his shirt on over his head.

"Better?"

"Much." She said, taking in his appearance. "Yep. You're hot." She took a sip of her tea.

"Thanks babe."

"No problem."

"Do you gave to go home?" Ara asked. She sat crossed legged on her bed and stared at him. Ashton laughed. He walked over to the bed, crawling towards her.

"You gonna miss me?" He whispered, kissing her neck.

"Yeah," she muttered quietly. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Tomorrow's Christmas." He replied.

"Okay. Use the front door this time." She laughed.

"Yes ma'am." Ashton got off the bed, and grabbed his shirt, slipping it on. "Bye love."

"Bye."

Ara watched from her window as Ashton laughed. She waved to him when she spotted him walking down the street. He blew her a kiss. "He's such a cheese ball." She went to turn around when something caught her eye. "Wait a-" she quickly grabbed a pair of pants, and ran out of her room.

Nearly tripping on the way down, Ara brushed past Teddy who eyes his sister strangely. She grabbed the door and yanked it open, stepping outside. "Ara?" Teddy said, coming up behind her.

"I could have sworn-"

The sound of gunshots ringing through the air made the two duck down. A '96 Pontiac 600LE sped past as two more bullets flew through the air. It drove off, speeding down the road leaving the two teens a little shaken up. "What the actual fuck." Teddy said. He grabbed Ara's arm and helped her up.

"That car. I've seen it before. Something's not right- Ahh!" Ara gripped the side of her arm.

"Ara!" Teddy pulled her closer. "Ugh! You got hit." He exclaimed.

"It's just a scratch." She said as she eyed the blood trickling down her arm.

"Come on. Let's go back inside before anything else happens." He said.
He pulled his sister inside the house.

"Teddy," Ara breathed.

"Yeah?"

"Don't tell Liam." She said. He nodded.