3.9

Ashton didn't waste a second when he found Ara with Teddy, pulling her into a bone crushing hug. He lifted her off the ground, allowing her legs to wrap around his waist, and her arms around his neck. She buried her head in the crook of his neck, nuzzling into him, enjoying the warmth he gave off. Ashton held her tightly against him, lacing his fingers together.

He breathed in, closing his eyes, trying to calm his racing heart. He attempted to remember every detail about Ara, from the way her hair would fall over her face, hiding her features, to her forest green eyes, to the way she would arch her back when things got heated between them. He thought to how her lips were curl up into the devilish smirk, and he knew all too well that she was up to something.

Ashton opened his eyes and pressed a gentle kiss to her exposed shoulder, before kissing the side of her neck every so lightly. Goosebumps erupted over her skin.

He let her feet drop back to the floor, but kept his arms secured around her tightly, refusing to let go. He was afraid to. Ara clutched the front of his shirt as she rested her head against his chest. All was quiet between the two; Teddy had slipped off somewhere with Sam and the boys, leaving them alone. Kids had already gone to their classes, leaving them being the only ones in the halls.

It wasn't long before Ara found herself crying into her boyfriend's chest. Ashton pressed a gently kiss to her forehead. "Ara," he breathed. He hooked a finger under her chin. "Baby, talk to me." He begged. "Please." She only cried harder. He sighed. "Ara, please, just talk to me, say something."

Ara took a deep breath, and wiped at her eyes. She did this until her sobbing ceased, and she was able to see clearer. "'M sorry," she mumbled, leaning against him.

"Don't be sorry, Ara, just tell me what's going on."

"I don't know!" She cried. She pushed herself away from him, tangling her fingers in her hair and pulling hard. "I don't know what's happening anymore!"

Ashton had never seen her so frustrated before, so he didn't really know what he should do. He approached her with caution. "I don't know why he's following Teddy, and I, I don't know what he's planning, I don't want any of you to get involved either, which is why we haven't told Liam anything yet and-"

"You haven't told him!" Ashton yelled. He grabbed Ara by the shoulders and stared her dead in the eye. "What the hell Ara! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" Ara whimpered.

"A-Ashton, s-stop, please." She cried. "You're scaring me." Ashton faltered. He watched as a few tears slipped down her cheek, before pulling her in for another hug.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, running his hands over her hair. "I didn't mean to." Ashton felt like crying to, so he clung to her even tighter. "I'm just worried about you." He admitted. "I don't want to loose you."

"You won't."

"I'm still scared." He said. "I love you, and I'm going to worry about you. It's in the job description." Ara laughed a little.

"Well, I love you to, but I don't want any of you getting involved. I can't watch you guys get hurt. You're the closet thing to family I got." Ashton pulled her a little closer by the waist, and leaned down to kiss you.

"I love you." He mumbled.

"I love you to Ashton." She sighed and rested against him.

"You need to tell Liam." Ashton whispered.

"I know." Ara admitted. "I'll tell him tonight. He's going to be pissed off." She groaned.

"Want me to come? As moral support?"

"Yes please." She replied.

"We're going to get through this." He told her. "I know that you hear that all the time, but I promise."

"Thank you." She said. "But I really don't want you involved Ashton. I can't keep myself safe if I'm worrying about you doing something stupid in an attempt to help." She told him.

"There has to be something I can do, because I won't sit on the sidelines."

"Well . . . there is one thing," she said. Ashton looked at her.

"What?"

"Kiss me." She whispered, innocently. Ashton smirked.

"What am I going to do with you?" He stressed.

"Ashton! We're in public!" She teased. He frowned at her.

"You tease." She laughed a little harder. "There it is." He smiled.

'There what is?"

"Your laugh."

Ara blushed. "You're cheesy." She mumbled.

"I try. Come on, let's go find the others." Ashton held his hand out and Ara took it. She laced their fingers together, and brought the back of Ashton's hand up to her lips and kissed it gently.

"I love you Blondie." She smiled.

"I love you too, babe."

Chuck Lawrence climbed into the front seat of his car, and slammed the door. He opened the glove compartment and hastily shoved his hand held gun inside, before closing it. He grabbed his phone and dialed a number, holding the phone up to his ear. It rang once, twice, and then-

"Hello?" A deep voice asked.

"Hey, it's me." Chuck said. There was a pause on the end of the phone, and there was some shuffling that could be heard in the background.

"Well?" The voice asked. "Did you do what I asked you?"

"Yes. I think they suspect something at this point. That boy she was with, he was watching me from across the road. You want me to nab him?" Chuck asked.

"No, leave the boy. He's no use to us." The voice replied.

"But he could be used for leverage. They seem fairly close. She might do anything to ensure his safety." Chuck argued. The line went silent for another moment before the voice spoke again.

"I suppose your right. But only if you can't get to her." The voice said.

"Oh trust me. I can get her." Chuck smirked devilishly, grinning to himself.

"Good. I'm counting on you to do so. Do not let me down." The line went dead, and Chuck tossed the phone on the dashboard.

The passenger door opened and a woman climbed in. She couldn't have been more than seventeen, with long blonde hair and icy blue eyes. She glanced over at Chuck.

"You ready?" He asked her. She nodded quietly, looking down at her hands that rested in her lap. "Good. Don't screw up either." He set. He placed a hand on her leg and inched it up her thigh, slipping under her skirt. She flinched.

"I w-won't." She squeaked, trying to move away from him.

"There's a good girl."

He removed his hand from her, and placed both hands on the wheel, speeding off down the road.