5.3

Teddy sat on his bed, staring down at the letter in his hands. Hr hadn't opened it since Clary had given it too him. He hadn't looked at it since he told Liam where Ara was. The plan was set into motion. They were leaving in a few hours. Planning on surprising him in the middle of the night. Teddy just hoped that Ara was still alive.

His name was scrawled messily on the front of the envelope. While Ara had legible writing, it wasn't always the neatest.

He turned it over in his hands, debating on whether or not he should open it. He wanted too, but he was too afraid. What if this was the last time he'd ever hear from her again? He didn't want to believe she was dead or that she was never coming home, but the thoughts slithered through his mind. "Having trouble?" Teddy lifted his head and smiled softly at Sam.

"A little."

"Are you just going to stare at it?" She took a seat next to him on the bed.

"I want to read it, but I'm afraid."

"Don't be. You can't always be afraid in life, Teddy. Just read it. Because if you don't you might regret it." He nodded.

"Stay?" He asked, as he held up the letter.

"Of course."

Teddy tore the top of the envelope of, and pulls out the slip of paper inside. He slowly unfolded it.

Teddy,

She wrote, very messily.

I miss you.

I love you, and tell Ashton I love him too if you get this. Maybe Clary came through and kept her promise.

See you soon?

Love,
Ara

"That's it." He mumbled, surprised. "That's all she wrote."

"Well, I'm guess she didn't have much time, Teddy. And she mentioned Clary. If Craig had read it, he would probably have hurt her too. And her son."

"Yeah, you're right." He grumbled. "Just wish there was more."

"Sam said you opened the letter." Ashton said, coming to stand next to Teddy. Together they looked out the window as Liam and Aaron climbed into one cruiser, and Cat into another with another woman.

"I did."

"What'd she say?"

"Not much." He grumbled.

"Oh."

"She said she loves you." He said, glancing at him.

"She did?" He nodded. "I love her too." He whispered, softly.

"I know you do." Teddy said. "But just think, when Liam returns, Ara will be with him. She'll be home."

"I know. I just . . . I don't want to sit around and wait for her."

"Me either."

"How long has it been since they left?"

"Two minutes."

"Fuck."

Ara could hear voices, talking quietly amongst themselves. They were arguing.