3.5

FLASHBACK

"Ara?" Nine year old Teddy tiptoed up the stairs quietly, his fingers running along the walls softly. "Ara?"

The house was quiet. Never a good sign for them. "Where are you?"

As kids, they used to spend hours playing hide and go seek, finding new nooks and crannies to hide in. They seemed to always be hiding.

"Come on out Ara. You're starting to scare me." Growing up, Ara became the champ at hide and seek. She could sit still for hours, not uttering a peep. Sometimes she would scare Teddy. Other times, she would grab him, and hold him still. He learned quickly not to move as well.

He moved past the closet in the hallway, when an arm reached out and grabbed him. He laughed. "Ara-"

"Shut up!" She hissed. He froze instantly.

"What's happening?"

"Just shut up." The eleven year hushed. "He's angry."

"Oh no Ara, what did you do?"

"Just SHUT UP!"

Loud footsteps marched past them, and the two held their breaths. "I swear . . . get my hands on that little brat . . . I'll kill her." Ara flinched.

They stayed silent for about an hour before Ara cracked the door slightly. "Stay here." She whispered. She moved past him in the tight space, and stuck her head out into the hall.