5.7

{A/N: to clear thins up about the time; Ara was taken early January, and didn't return home till the beginning ish of February. So this is like beginning of May. And I know exams normally happen in June, but humor me.}

Three months later

Sunlight filtered softly through the branches of trees. Birds flew about, chirping in the spring air.

Ara sat at the head of a tombstone, shaded by a massive oak tree, who's leaves had only just begun to grown back. They were enough though, to block out most of the sun. She had her knees tucked up, touching her chest, arms clutched around them. She sighed softly.

"Been almost a year since you've been gone, mum." She said. "We don't have to worry about Craig no more. He's finally done with. Dad made sure of that. Teddy says hi, by the way." She absentmindedly pulled at the grass, and stretched her legs out, lying back.

"I miss you, more than ever. I wish you could be here." Ara bit at her lip. "You should see how tall Teddy is. Almost my height. His birthday's coming up too and I don't know what to get him." Then she laughed. "He's getting older every second. Seems like yesterday we were just toddlers, running around outside in the back yard, or you were yelling at us to put socks on."

Ara closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth of the sun on her skin. "I wish you were here mum . . . I'd introduce you to Ashton. You'd like him. I wish he could've met you. I really love the boy. I know, I know, it's my first love, but there's something about him that's just . . . he's perfect mum, in every way possible. He's handsome, funny, smart to a certain point." She joked.

Ara sat up again, and sighed. "I love you mum." She said. She placed her fingers to her lips and then pressed them against the tombstone. "I have one more person I need to visit, but I promise, I'll come back really soon." With that, she stood up, and brushed the dirt off her pants.

Ara set off, walking between the rows of graves. She didn't have to go very far from her mother's grave. She plopped back down onto the soil, and smiled. "Hey dad, it's me." She said softly. "It's been three months, and I'm doing okay. Teddy's doing okay too. He has a breakdown once and a while, but he's getting better. Loosing a parent doesn't sit well with him." She looked down at her hands.

"I've been doing some therapy, lately. Ashton thought it might be good for me, you know. It's helping. I think I want to go into counseling as a career option. Help others like me." Ara swallowed. "I miss you, like, a lot." She confessed. "I wish you were here. I wish you were both here. You and mum. Cat and Aaron are pretty good stand ins, but they're not you guys. Teddy said to say hi. He's sorry he couldn't make it. He's busy today; studying for exams. I know I should study too, but I couldn't focus. Came out here instead. You know . . . clear my mind."

"And is it helping?"

Ara jumped, standing to her feet in a rush. She almost tripped. Thankfully, for her, Ashton had good reflexes. He caught and steadied her.

"How long have you been standing there?" She breathed.

"Not long. Teddy said I could find you out here."

"Yeah, couldn't focus, being in the house and all."

"You could have called."

"'M sorry." She mumbled.

"It's okay. Fresh air will do you good."

"You sound like my therapist." This made him laughed.

"How are the therapy sessions?" He asked. He sat himself on the ground, pulling Ara into his lap.

"Good. I feel much better, actually, now that I've been going."

"I'm glad to hear that." He replied. He kissed her temple.

"How are you?" She asked. "I haven't seen you for a bit."

"I'm tired I guess. Exams and all."

"Me too. Why do you think I'm out here." She chuckled.

"I'm so done with school." Ashton sighed.

"You and me both " she rested against him. "That's why I came to talk to the folks. I already spoke with my mother. Just talking to my dad now." She motioned to the headstone. "

"I swear I'm keeping her out of trouble, Liam." Ashton said with a grin.

"Sure you are." She whispered in his ear.

"We have an audience, Ara." He reminded her.

"Hmm." She kissed him gently. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"So what do you need?"

"I don't understand the question."

"Why did you want to see me?"

"Is it a crime to visit my girlfriend?"

"No." Ashton laughed.

"I figured I'd come rescue you from studying, and we'd go get lunch." He explained.

"Food sounds great." She responded. "I've been surviving on potato chips, and Dr. Pepper."

"Lucky you. I'm been eating nothing but canned soup. Mum's working overtime lately, saving up for the summer."

"At least you get a warm meal. Cat can't cook to save a life, so we've been eating a lot of canned goods or take out. I wish Aaron would move in. He can cook."

"You should ask him about it."

"I should."

"So what do you say? Pizza?"

"I agree. But we should provably invite the guys. And Sam. Her family I'd driving her mental because of exams."

"Yeah, alright." Ashton agreed. Ara stood to her feet, being her hands out for Ashton, who took them. She pulled him up. She linked hands with Ashton and smiled. She twisted around.

"Bye dad. See you soon."

Together, the two walked hand in hand towards the cemetery gates. "You're amazing, you know." Ashton told her as they walked.

"You're pretty amazing too." She responded.

"Two more years. Two more years of this and then we can leave."

"I don't think I'm ready to leave just yet." She stated. "Teddy still has three years to go, and I don't know if I can move away from him. I'd be a little lost to be honest."

"I'm not saying let's move away, but in two years we can do pretty much what ever we want. No adults to tell us what to do."

"Is this your way of saying you want me to stick around?" She teased.

"Of course. I couldn't imagine life without you."

"You know what's funny?" She asked. She stopped walking.

"What?"

"We probably wouldn't be together if I hadn't sat in that damned seat all those months ago." She laughed.

"I'm glad you did."

"Me too. But this doesn't mean you're getting it back." She added.

"Dammit."

"I love you, Goldie Locks."

"I love you too, babe. Now can we get food?"

"Yep, let's go."