0.6

word count; 2043

.

.

Ara found herself back in her bed when she woke up. She had a pounding headache which meant that she probably drank to much last night. She groaned, and rolled over to check the time. 5:30. Teddy was sound asleep still. She sat up, and grabbing her bag of bathroom things, she slipped out of her room, and down the hall to shower.

The warm water couldn't be rushed. Ara let it pool over her skin, and unknot the tight muscles underneath. She glanced down at her stomah, and poked where she'd been shot. Most of her scars went away from all the abuse. But these were scars that would never leave. They'd haunt her forever. She stayed in the shower until the water ran cold, and only then did she get out. She wrapped the towel around her body tightly, and then tiptoed back to her room.

Teddy was still sleeping soundly when she arrived, so she grabbed some clothing here and there that she found on the floor, and went into Teddy's room to change. She slipped on a THE 1975 tank top, and some jean shorts. She threw her hair up in a pony tail. She kept her nose stud, lip ring, and spacers in. She placed three bracelets on her arm, and for fun, she slipped on a pair of hipster glasses. She pulled on her converse before entering her room again.

She lied back down in bed again, and stared up at the ceiling. It was only 6:30, and while she was hungry, Ara didn't want to move from her spot on the bed. She closed her eyes momentarily, and practiced breathing evenly.

Ara rolled over, and she felt Teddy shift in his sleep. Teddy lifted his head to look at his sister. "What in god's name are you doing up?" he groaned. He flopped his head back down onto the pillow. "Did you shower?" he asked furrowing his brows. Ara laughed silently, and rolled her eyes.

"Well I didn't want to go downstairs smelling like vodka and cigarette smoke, now did I? Don't need to give Liam another reason to bitch at me." Ara smiled. "Imagine that, huh. You're sixteen year old daughter smokes and drinks. What fun." she said with a hint of sarcasm.

"You're crazy." he mumbled with a smile.

"I know."

Teddy and Ara sauntered down the stairs around seven because they became really hungry. As they entered the kitchen, Ara stood in place. Liam sat at the table. "Sit." he said, lowering the paper he was reading.  When Ara didn't move, he motioned with one finger for him to join him. Ara cautiously made her way over to the kitchen table and sat. Liam set down the paper fully, and looked at he for a moment. "Now, and I promise not interrupt, I would like to here exactly what you said to the teacher yesterday." Ara sighed.

"I corrected her about my name, and she flipped out. I said some things and she kicked me out of her class." Ara said. "That's what happened."

"That's all?"

"Mm hmm." Ara replied.

"Okay then. Just, try not to do it again?"

"Can't make promises Officer." Ara said, standing up and walking out of the kitchen.

Cat dropped them off at school again like last time. Ara once more, had her headphones in blocking out the world. Panic! At The Disco's Nine In The Afternoon  played softly. When they arrived, Ara spotted Sam off in the distance. Her blue hair was down, and she wore a grey hoodie with ripped jeans, and beat up converse. "Sam's here." Ara said. Teddy stared out the window.

"I see her." He said. Sam shifted nervously in her place.

"You can drop us off here Cat." Ara said. Cat nodded and pulled over. Ara and Teddy got out of the car, and made their way over to where Sam was standing. Sam stood nervously by the school, biting her nails. She spotted Ara and Teddy coming her way.