3.8

Ara glared at Chuck from behind her boyfriend's shoulder with dark, and evil eyes. At this moment, Luke seemed to be towering behind Michael, who couldn't be sure of who he was more afraid of.

Ara or Chuck.

Even Calum had become protective as he shielded Sam from Chuck's view. She gripped at his shirt lightly for comfort. He didn't seem to mind.

Chuck didn't seem to notice Ara from across the road, but she sure as hell noticed him. It made Ashton nervous that she was about to do something stupid. "Go inside." He told her.

"And leave you out here alone. No way."

"I'd feel better if you were inside." He grumbled.

"Yeah, we don't need you doing something incredibly stupid Ara." Sam added. "For Teddy's sake." Ara growled.

"If I move from this spot, he'll know it's me." She replied.

Luke took off his sweater and passed it too her. "Put it on. I'll walk you inside." He said. He glanced over at Ashton, who nodded to her. Ara slipped the hoodie over her head, and pulled the hood up. She allowed Luke to place his arm around her shoulder, and together the two walked towards the school in silence.

Teddy paced nervously back and forth in the hallway, as he waited for Ara to turn up. He felt incredibly insecure and unsafe now that he new Chuck Lawrence was out of jail, and driving around, following him and Ara. He remembered the first time he had met Chuck. He was eleven and Ara was thirteen. He got to touchy with his sister for his liking. Dana didn't approve either.

FLASHBACK

Teddy stared at the man, who sat at the kitchen table with his father while his mother bustled around the kitchen, from behind the safety of the wall. They were talking in low, hushed voices, making Teddy uneasy. "What are you doing?" Teddy jumped at the sound of his sister's voice, and spun around.

"N-Nothing." He stammered.

"Sure you aren't." Ara brushed past him and looked around the corner. "Who's that?"

"I don't know." Teddy replied.

"I don't like him." She growled.

"How come?"

"Because he hangs around Craig. So that obviously means he's bad news." Teddy peered around the corner with her.

"Teddy! Ara!" Craig bellowed. "Come here." Teddy's eyes flashes to his sister.