3.2

After the shooting incident, and Teddy had patched up his sister, the two proceeded to go around the house and check everything. They closed windows, locked doors, double checked all the rooms and closest. Ara had to put on a sweater so that Liam wouldn't see the bandage covered in blood.

Then they sat together in the living room trying to forget about the entire thing. But that wasn't going over to well.

The silence was uncomfortable to them, reminding them of a time when Craig used to be around. Whenever the house was silent they would take that as a sign to go to their rooms and lock the door. It was the calm before the storm, and the storm usually left behind a mess of destruction.

Ara pulled her knees up to her chest, tucking them under her chin, as she wrapped her arms around them. Her gaze flickered over in her brother's direction who wore a blank look on his face. Teddy had moved and inch since they'd sat down and honestly, it was beginning to creep Ara out. His skin seemed paler, and he looked like he was going to be sick.

She sighed, untucking her legs and stood up, startling Teddy out of his trance. Ara moved closer to him on the other couch, sitting down next to him. She opened his arms and he wasted no time falling into them. He seemed to relax a bit more in her hold but she could still feel how tense he was. "What happened now?" He whispered, hugging her closer. Ara sighed again.

"I don't know Teddy." She replied, quietly.

"I think we should tell Liam." He mumbled.

"I don't think that's a good idea Teddy," Ara said, sitting up straight. "We don't know the full extent of the situation."

"Ara, we got shot at. What does that tell you exactly?"

"I-I don't know." She sighed. She ran a hand through her hair.

"Someone wants us dead Ara." Teddy said, looking her in the eye.

"No." She said, jaw hardening.

"Ara, come on, what kind of person just randomly shoots at two teenagers?" He asked.

"Who shoots in broad daylight?" She responded back.

"That's true." He said. "But in all seriousness Ara, who do you think would be stupid enough to do that?"

"No, Teddy, I know what you're thinking. And it's not true. You know it, I know it." She said firmly.

"Then who?"

"Could be a friend of Ashton's dad. We did get him sent to prison after all." She mumbled.

"You really think he'd send his friends to do his dirty work?"

"You saw what he did to Ashton. He's capable enough." Teddy gripped his hair and let out a cry of frustration. "Hey, look at me." She said. Teddy glanced up at her. "We'll be okay. We always have, haven't we?" Teddy nodded.

"What are we going to do Ara? I'm scared."

"We have to be careful." She said.

"I think we should both agree on not leaving the house tomorrow." He said.

"About that . . . " Ara trailed off, looking away from him.

"Ara,"

"Ashton's mum wants me over tomorrow because it's Christmas and all."

"After what just happened?"

"Look, if I cancel, Ashton is bound to ask why, and I don't want to have to lie to him. I've done enough lying in my life."

"You're going to kill me quicker than bullets Ara, I swear it."

FLASHBACK

Teddy held his breath as he pressed his ear against his bedroom door. Once again, his parents were fighting, throwing things around and shouting loudly. He felt slightly responsible for the fight considering it was about him. He'd been suspended for the fifth time that month and Craig was not pleased about it. Teddy had earned himself a smack in the face for that one, and got clocked in the side of the head.