[1] HIM.

"Maxon, you will be paired up with Laurel

"Maxon, you will be paired up with Laurel." Mrs. Ranger is talking to us  from the platform of our English class. I am suddenly awakened from my daydreaming as I hear my brother's name coming out of her mouth.

I look up to see who she is addressing and she is staring right at me.

It is not a minute past when her blue-green eyes turn apologetic that she realizes her grave mistake.

Even when he is far gone, they can't stop messing up.

"Oh I am so sorry, Aiden. I didn't..." But I can't hear what she is saying; my head is throbbing like a hundred knives stabbing at the same time. I can see her lips moving but my vision is blurred, so is my hearing. Her words do not make sense anymore; they seem distant.

Snippets of memories are swimming around in my brain and my whole body aches. She just touched my heart's weakest spot.

I messily stand up from my chair and it falls down on the floor, making a thudding sound. But the sound is not strong enough to break the panorama of thoughts inside my head.

"Sorry ma'am, I just need time," I manage to utter before I stumble out of the room with my hands strongly clutching onto my head.

Everything hurts.

But mostly my heart.

- - - -