[36] HER.

36.

I am wondering if I am worried about my dad's watch or him. It's hard to say, really. I feel all muddled up and all I dream about is him repairing the watch, all locked up in his room.

Even that is a nightmare.

The next afternoon, I finally gather up the courage to ask his friend. It is not like I suddenly became more social, but the curiosity or rather the worry, is killing me.

Since he is always surrounded by his friends, I can't help but follow him home. The last thing I need now is a bunch of high school freaks overhearing one of my awkward conversations.

So, I take off when the boy's friend leaves the school. I follow him for a couple of minutes, keeping a good amount of feet between us.

He doesn't notice me at first. But then he turns around and the moment he spots me, I can feel the stalker alerts in his eyes.

So I walk over to him and say, "Hello."

"Hey Eira," he replies. "What's up?"
I stumble on a few syllables before I start to say, "Err.. I was wondering where your friend is. Haven't seen him in school for some time."

His eyebrows arch up, "Aiden? I don't know. May I know why you are asking?"

I can't find a better reason so I blurt out, "He has my watch. He told me he would get it repaired."

He lets out a little 'oh' and goes on to say, "I am going over to his house. Would you like to tag along?"

I do not think.

I just nod.