[8] HER.

As my mother's lullabies faded away from my life forever, the tears took its place

As my mother's lullabies faded away from my life forever, the tears took its place. Both put me to sleep every night.

Every time I close my eyes, a scary dream would come up which eventually wakes me up; sometimes with a terrible scream; sometimes silently with a sigh.

Last night, I dreamed about a snake; it had my face. It was wearing the same skirt I had worn to school yesterday. There was my dad, mom and Teddy in the dream too.

They were pleading to me, pleading with apologetic, loving eyes, "We love you. Eira. We have never wanted to hurt you."

But the snake-me, exactly like the real-me didn't listen; it crawled towards them; its grey eyes burning with rage and spitted venom on them.
It watched silently as they convulsed and gradually, surrendered to death.

I had woken up panting and I don't know if I slept after that.

I look into the long mirror that stands in my bedroom; the dark circles are more evident than ever. They are a representation of how much I have changed.

As I lock the door and step out of the house, there are kids from my school walking in the direction of the school.
I know I should follow them but I don't want to.

So, I walk down the opposite street.
I want to meet my family