[28] HER.

"Can you tell me where

"Can you tell me where.." I start my question but I am stopped amidst the sentence when I see who am I talking to.

It's the boy in the blue shoes and he is staring at me with an expression that is a weird mix of glee and sadness.

Maybe I should stop calling him the boy in the blue shoes.

He is the boy who smiled at me.

He snaps me out of my reverie by asking, "Where?"

"Where superglue is?" I finish.

"I am not exactly sure, but maybe I can find it for you." He leads the way and I closely follow. He stops at the stationary side of the supermarket. While I am searching for the right one from millions of brands, he asks me, "So, you are Eira?"

The fact that he knows my name surprises me. I nod hesitantly, guilty of the fact that I have no idea what his name is.

"What do you need superglue for?" he is trying to make conversation, but I feel awkward.

The words roll out of my tongue ceaselessly, "To fix the watch that you broke." And at the very instant, I feel guilty. That was too rude.

"Accidentally," I add, trying to lessen the impact.

A wave of guilt and hurt washes over his face, but he quickly hides it by saying, "I am so sorry for that. But I don't think superglue can fix it."

He just told me the truth that I had been running away from. Of course, superglue is not magic. "I at least need to try," I mouth back.

"Maybe I can fix it for you." He adds and I look up in an instant, a smile threatening to play over my lips. And I don't try to stop it.

Smiling has started to make me feel warm.

I nod.