[29] HIM.

Mark is a terrible cook and so am I

Mark is a terrible cook and so am I. But that doesn't stop us, or rather him, from baking a delicious chicken pizza. He does all the work while I sit near the kitchen counter, occasionally nodding at the facts Mark is blabbering about.

Within an hour and a half, his pizza is inside the oven and he has given me the duty of watching it for 10 minutes. I drag a chair and sit down while Mark goes outside to make a call. As I watch the lights blinking inside our oven, my mind is wandering off to things.
Things I try so hard to forget.

And just like that, all I can think of is what Max liked, what Mark hated, his smile, his eyes, his jokes, his jacket. I feel like I am becoming him and the chicken pizza doesn't look much appetising, I want a cheese pizza.

I drift away from reality into my dreamland. I think of all the things that we have done together, all the cooking, all the hiking, all the pranking and I am smiling involuntarily.

The chuckle that is playing over my lips makes me all nostalgic and I like the feeling.

"Aiden!" Marcus's exclamation snaps me out from my reverie and I peek a glance at the pizza in the oven, which is charred and even burnt. Its clearly inedible.

I look at Marcus who is staring at me in pity.

"I am sorry." I whisper. "I just ruin everything."

I rush out of the room, because I don't want him to see me cry.

The tears come soon enough.