67. [HIM]

67.

Her greeting is so funny that a tiny laugh escapes my lips. We  both do not talk again for a while searching for the appropriate phrase. I can almost see Eira in the dark with raised eyebrows.

"..is my new friend. She is my new friend," I complete my sentence liking the sound of it.

We both return to star gazing, living in the moment, looking at those twinkling entities which now represent Maxon and her family. As the silence starts getting on my nerves, I ask her, "Your family? Mind talking about them? It will help, trust me."

She takes a deep breath and keeps quite. I almost believe she is going to say nothing when a rather painful voice starts talking, "It was just the four of us. Our little world. Dad, mom, me and teddy. But I was always like I didn't fit in. Like I didn't belong. No matter how much they loved me, I.." She pauses sniffing on a sob.

''You see that small space beside Teddy?" I nod, spotting the tiny star.

"They have left it for me." She pauses, "and soon, that would be filled too."

For a moment, I don't get what she means. She moves beside me and quickly gets up.

"Hey, you leaving?" I question her retreating figure.

As the inner meaning strikes, she is already at the ladder and climbing down.

"Eira. EIRA. Wait."

But she is long gone.