[15] HIM.

I silently sit on my bed, my mind going through and through the girl's pale face

I silently sit on my bed, my mind going through and through the girl's pale face. Her features are striking, but there is also something so sad about her that makes her mysterious and intriguing.

I wonder what she was doing in the graveyard. "Summoning ghosts," my brother would have joked if he was me. And then, he would have immediately let the topic go.

But I am not him and I can't keep her out of my mind. I lie back on my bed, letting the pillow support my neck, biting on an apple that was kept on my table.

It's been a while since I have thought about anyone other than Maxon.

The prospect of thinking about a girl feels new to me, sends a shiver down my spine. It's not like I am having a crush on her or anything, but just thinking about her passes time.

I come up with theories about her.

A while after, my eyes fall on the clock and I am mildly surprised when I see it's already night. My mother calls me for dinner and I quickly jump back down.

From the corner of my eyes, I can see the drawer in which the blade is kept.

For some strange reason, I don't feel like taking it out today. The urge is there, but it's negligible.

It's the first in months.