[5] HIM.

It's lunchtime and Marcus is complaining about the stale burger. I don't care; the food stopped mattering to me long ago. My eyes are strangely searching for a blue plaid skirt and I don't even know why.

There was something so strange about her, the way she was lost in her torn up world that she didn't even notice my large physique towering over her.

I give up looking when I realize she is not here yet. I quietly have my food – not tasting a thing. After I am done with my burger do I see her entering through the easternmost door.

Her paces are even but there is something more with the way she stares. Like she is distant and far-off. Like she is not here, not in this cafeteria.

I see her face for the first time; so blank yet so full. Blonde. Blue skirt. White shirt. Everything is a contrast with her grey eyes. She walks right to the counter and a wave of whispers have broken off around me.

Some freakish boy is whispering a little too loudly at his friend, "That drama queen was again showing off in the English class."

The words seem rude and wrong because something tells me she wasn't showing off. And a weird part of me wants to punch him on his face but I keep the desire to myself.

"You know her name?" I ask Mark who has come back to sit beside me with his second burger.

"Her? It's Eira. She keeps to  herself most of the time. She doesn't talk to anyone, anymore." He tells me while he takes the first bite.

I don't know what else to say, so I sub-consciously mutter, "Oh, okay."

Seems like I am not the only broken one here.

- -  - -

A/N

We hit 200 reads and I have no words to show how thankful I am to all of you! It feels amazing! And yesterday we were #76 in Short Story. I am speechless! 

I was pretty confused about whether to post this on wattpad or not, but as it turns out it was the best decision ever!

Thank you so much guys! I love you all.

Do vote and leave some comments.

Can we have a guessing competition about how they are gonna meet again! Okay? That is on. The closest guess will earn a dedication and a review of one of their works! All entries in the comment box. :D

Lina!