Evangeline Ross |E|

EDITED

Albert's Pov

Evangeline Ross grew up nicely; puberty hit her well and not to mention her personality. She's genuinely kind, shy but sweet; I haven't encountered a sweet girl like her since . . .

"Fils," Dad interrupts my thoughts by entering my bedroom. It's 2:38 a.m, he probably just got back from work. One thing I don't like about his job is that they make him work long hours. It didn't used to be that way, when mom was here, he'd always come home at 8:30 p.m. "Did I wake you?"

I shake my head and sit up. "I'd have to be asleep in order for you to wake me. What's up?" Dad lets himself in and takes a seat beside me on my bed.

"How was your dance?" He asks, "Did you have fun?" I nod and he smiles, "You didn't happen to get into trouble, right, fils? No fights?"

I roll my eyes. I get suspended from school for three weeks and Dad starts thinking I'm a hooligan. "No, none whatsoever. I did, however, encounter a beautiful girl. She was so upset so I did my best to cheer her up. I think it worked."

Dad seemed intrigued, "Vraiment? Who?"

"Evangeline," I smile brightly. "She's magnifique, she has the brightest blue eyes, short blonde hair and her smile is glorious."

Dad chuckles, "She must be something, now isn't she? She managed to have you smiling like you've just won the lottery. That's wonderful, fils. Are you planning on wooing her?"

He's right, I should try to get her to be mine. She's truly beautiful and I don't think she'd ever speak to me again if I don't reach out to her.

I know I've seen her before, that's how I knew her name before she got the chance to tell me it. I know she must've remembered me as well, we met years ago, we just never spoke.

What a waste of time that was, she's definitely worth something.

"Yeah," I smile. "I want her to be my girl "

🌸🌸🌸

Josh laughed uncontrollably as I slumped through the gates of school, isn't it still to early to be cackling like a hyena? "Look! There's Albert, a nerds knight in shining armor!" Josh mocks, "Did you seriously, willingly, dance with the schools poster child for good behavior?"

I shoved him roughly, what does he have against Evangeline? She's done nothing to him! "Who cares if I did? It made her night, didn't it? I, at least, got the satisfaction of knowing a very beautiful girl went home with a smile on her face. None of you fuckers did anything when she was humiliated, did you? No, you just laughed."

Josh and the rest of the group laughed, "Don't get all riled up, we were just messing with you." I flick them off and lean against the wall beside Josh and that's when I saw her.

Evangeline was walking down the hall toward me. I give her a small wave accompanied with a smile, she returns my smile and waves me toward her. Josh catches this and pushes me toward her. "If your gonna bang, take her behind the bush." He jokes.

Evangeline must've heard that since she gave him a scowl. "Hey," I take her attention from Josh and the guys who are now making smoochy faces.

"Hey," she smiles. "Can we talk? Please?"