Surprising Bertie |E|

EDITED

Evangeline

I returned from Hawaii last night and I couldn't wait until I surprised Albert. He thinks I'm supposed to return for another week but after discussing it, Mom and Dad thought it was really unfair of them to do that to me so they bought a ticket home.

Of course, since I was jet lagged, I slept in until one in the afternoon but nonetheless I can still see Albert.

I walked up the steps outside his house and knocked on the door. Mr. Jourdan opened it for me and I almost considered running. As far as I know, he doesn't want Albert seeing me. "Hello," I say awkwardly, not knowing whether I should shake his hand or not. "Uh, is Albert home?"

Nicolas nodded, "Afternoon, Evangeline. Alberts upstairs, he hasn't gotten out of bed all day." He offered what seemed like a genuine smile and let me pass. "Maybe you can get him out of there."

I smile and make my way up the stairs and into his bedroom. I knock softly on the door and wait for a reply. After not hearing anything, I open the door an inch and knock again. "I'm not in the mood, Dad!" Albert snarls. Someone's cranky.

I knock again but don't say a word. "Go away, Dad!" I open the door further and wave at him.

"Hey, babe!" I gleam.

Albert shoots up from his bed in an instant. More alarmed than surprised. "Ev!?" He stay up right but doesn't get out the covers. "What're you doing here? I thought you'd be back in a week."

I walk in a few feet more until I'm a few inches from his bed. "Yeah but we came back early!" I smile.

"That's great, babe!" Albert smiles nervously.

"What's the matter?" I pout. "Aren't you glad to see me?"

Albert nods, "Of course, babe, but I'm - um - I'm sort of half nude. I can't get up to change with you here." I suddenly blush, the heat creeping into my cheeks and I gesture toward the door.

"I'll be downstairs then," I say walking out and shutting the door being me. Albert was nude and I didn't even realize it. I was looking at his visible chest and I didn't think any of it.

I need some water.