Kilian's Baby |E|

EDITED

Evangeline

Mom had told me that she'd be heading out with Nicolas to meet her lawyer. She insisted on going alone but Nico wouldn't have it so she asked if I'd be okay with Albert. I nodded in reassurance to her and to my surprise he hasn't bothered me once since our parents had left.

It wasn't until I went up to his bedroom to ask if he wanted something to munch on that I realized he wasn't home. No wonder it was so peaceful. He must've snuck out without Nico seeing or knowing.

When I had sat down on the couch, the door swung open and slammed shut furiously. Albert walked in with a face of pure anger, he laid his eyes on me and his gaze softened. "I didn't know you'd be down here, sorry."

I gave him a small nod of acknowledgment and he took his jacket off. "I'm actually glad you're here, it's the perfect time to tell you something."

Nope. I pressed the off button on the television and rose up from the couch so I can go to my new room but Albert caught on and grabbed my wrist. "Just hear me out, okay? I know I've fucked up with you but all I'm asking is for you to listen to me."

I yank my hand away and plop down on the couch, "Five minutes; clocks ticking."

Albert sighed in relief and kneeled at my feet. "I know I fucked up by cheating and I truly regret it. I know the reason your mad is because I was being forced to marry Kilian due to my infidelity leading to a baby being born." So far, none of this is making me any more comfortable. "I'm so sorry for hurting you, Ev but now, now we can be like we used to!"

I shake my head, "No, Albert! You don't get it, you cheated and you're having a baby! You're going to get married!" I huff and start climbing the stairs when Albert shouts back.

"I'm not!" He beams, "She used me! Kilian's baby isn't mine!"