Athena Part Two |E|

EDITED

Evangeline

Albert and I were disgusted; Nicolas cheated on Mom with Grandma? Did he like saggy body parts or what, that's gross! "That's why you married Dad, Mom?" I ask. "Because Alberts Dad was unfaithful to you?"

Mom shook her head, "It's not completely like that, Ev. Nicolas and I, we loved each other but he chose to fail me. That's something that no woman, should ever have to deal with. It hurt so much and I couldn't even look at him in the eye."

"Then how'd you find out?" Albert questions the question I was asking myself.

"I took her on a business trip with me in order to cheer her up after an argument we had but she got the idea of following me to my supposed business meeting and she caught us." Nicolas sighs.

"The first time I followed him, I didn't knock. I heard inappropriate noises and I sobbed like a fool but when I returned another day, I did knock and to my surprise, my mother was the one he was cheating with." Mom stated.

"It was all a mistake but Ruby didn't care, she filed for divorce and with the help of Chloe and Eddie, she managed it."

"Did you see Athena after that?" Albert asked.

Nicolas didn't say a word for a few seconds, "Yes but not in that way anymore, she wanted me to help her contact Ruby but she died some time later."

Athena never got to see Mom ever again, she felt the need to give her daughter time from her betrayal. I turned to Mom, she wasn't crying anymore. She was staring at the tombstone like she made a mistake in not reaching out to Athena.