Frozen Yogurt |E|

EDITED

Albert

I want to make her frown turn upside down. I know who beat her, I warned Brielle not to do anything to Evangeline. I warned her that if she dared to hurt Ev, I'd hurt her back.

She knows she shouldn't have done what she did yet she still did it. Brielle was just a one night stand at a stupid party some senior had. "I wasn't going to let her take you, Albert! I did it for you! For us!" Brielle sobbed dramatically, not caring that the few students who pass us in the hallway are giving us strange looks.

"You're insane. That's it, you're bonkers, Brielle." I insult her, "I can't believe you did what I made you swear you wouldn't!"

"Albert - "

I shake my head, "No. You hurt Evangeline; I'll hurt you. So, watch your back, Brielle."

I walk away and immediately run toward Evangeline. School has already finished so she must be on the way home on foot. I quickly get in my car and drive on the route she takes to her house.

When I find her, I roll the window down and shout her name. "Ev!" She freezes but doesn't turn back, instead she waves at me and continues walking.

I drive closer. "Ev, come on. Can we talk?"

She stops again and turns to me. "I'm not in the mood, Albert. I haven't had the best day."

I nod, "Can.. Can I at least drive you home?" She ponders about it for a few seconds before nodding and climbing into the passenger seat. "Ev?"

"Yeah." She says cautiously.

"I know who hurt you," I begin and she looks away. "And I want to say sorry. I also want to make it up to you by taking you to a frozen yogurt place."

"No," she says. "That's not necessary."

"I insist and I won't take no for an answer."

Defeated, she accepts. I smile, "Its a date!"