She's Special |E|

EDITED

Albert

I knew Evangeline must've found the image of Athena and my father bizarre; almost as if she recognized her.

The way Dad spoke of her made her seem as if she was the worlds beautiful woman, she's not. To me, that woman could rot in hell. She caused enough chaos around the house when Mom was around. They'd always argue about it, Dad didn't care. He always chose Athena's side.

I had an argument with him this morning regarding Athena. He had asked me to follow him to her grave on the day of her birthday as a form of celebration but I don't think that's a good idea. He might've not cared that Athena made my Moms life hell but I do and I don't think it'd be smart enough of me to attend a stupid celebration as that one.

"Earth to Albert," Evangeline spoke, snapping her fingers in my face. "You alright? You've been squeezing the inanimate life out of your pencil." I glance down at my pencil and sure enough, my grip is tightly on it.

I drop the pencil and shake my head, "I'm alright, Ev."

"Are you sure? If somethings bothering you, we can talk about it." Evangeline offers, "If you want, I mean. You don't have to."

I smile at her before Josh comes to interrupt our moment. "You don't playing with the geek?" He mocks, focusing his attention on Ev. "You mind? I'm taking Albert from you, but don't go wheezing. It'll only be for a while."

Evangeline grabs her belongings, "Not at all, douchebag." With that, she walks away from us. By the time Josh turns to face me, I'm already glaring through his skull.

"Woah, dude. It was just a joke, it's not like I assaulted her." He says calmly. I continue to glare at him and he changes the subject. "Forget about it," Josh waves me off, his palms slammed down on my desk. "There's a party tonight, you going? Brielle will be there." He winks teasingly.

Brielle, Brielle can go to hell.

I glance back toward Ev and see her talking to another group now. She's laughing and smiling; boy does she look beautiful when she smiles.

I look back at Josh, "I won't be going, I have other plans." Plans to woo Evangeline, that is.

Josh shakes his head and chuckles, "She's got you by the balls, my friend! What do you see in her anyway?" I look back at Ev and smile like a fool.

"I don't know, she's just beautiful." I say, "She's special."