Bitches & Eddie |E|

EDITED

Evangeline

By the time I got to the party, Dad was already seated at his table with Chloe. They were giggling with each other but once I was in their view, Chloe snuggled up to Dad as if I'd hurt her. I want to..but I wouldn't.

"Ev, that was a very rude thing to do to your Mom." Dad scolds, not wasting a minute. "You need to learn how to be kind and respectful of everyone older than you especially if she's your Mom!"

"My Mom!?" I laugh humorlessly, "She is my my Mom! My Mom is at home! I don't have to be kind of respect Chloe because she's a little slut you managed to get her slimy ashy hands into you and take you from Mom, Chloe isn't a decent woman to be with, Dad! And if you can't see how much of a bitch she really is, then I'm out of here!"

Chloe's jaw dropped while Dad frowned. "Evangeline Ross! You will not come to our wedding and say rude things about Chloe! Apologize!"

"No!" I refuse. "Why should I? She didn't apologize for all those nights Mom stayed up crying, for all that time she wasted with you --"

"That's enough, Evangeline!" Dad's face turned red with anger. "I don't need you here to make my wedding special, I don't need you to make a scene in front of our guests! I don't need you to be rude to Chloe!"

That's when I saw it. All of Chloe's and Dad's guests looking at me as if I'm a disruptive teenager without manners or respect for her elders. But I don't care. I probably won't see them again anyway.

"And I don't need you to be a father; I don't need you to fake a smile whenever you visit me at Mom's." I blurt, trying to hide the evident pain in my tone. "I don't need you in my life, Eddie Ross."

I started to walk away, everyone's gazes drift toward Dad. All giving him horrendously pitiful looks. It hurt my but if Dad doesn't even need me here for anything then why did he invite me? Why did he force me to come and be a bridesmaid to some bitch?

Why did he say he doesn't need me?

Of course I need him, he's my Dad.

Just as I stood on the curve of the house, Dad rushed to me. "Ev, look, honey. I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said back there I was mad and disappointed in you for being so rude to Chloe. She's my wife now, you do need to respect her."

I shook my head. I don't want to argue anymore. I can't say I forgive him but I can't ignore him forever. "Drop it, Dad." I say, sighing. "I'm going home."

I start walking before Dad could say anything else to me. I instantly regret not bringing my car since Dad had Lily's Mom pick me up for the wedding. I also didn't feel like walking miles to get home so I placed my butt on a nearby public bench and took my phone out.

"Could you pick me up, please?"