Ruby Ross |E|

EDITED

Ruby

When I came back down the stairs last night, I saw Evangeline with her face in the pillow looking as if she's just been delivered some not so good news. I approached her and just as I was about to touch her shoulder, she launches up and fakes a smile.

I had asked her what the matter was but she shrug it off. Her phone flashed a message, though, it was from Albert. Something was wrong. Why didn't she want to tell me?

I'm her mother and I should be the one to help her get through any dilemma she's struggling with. When she was typing up a reply to Albert, I peeked at the message before. I managed to catch a glimpse of what Albert had sent her. 'He forbade me!!'

Who's he? Nicolas? Of course, who else could it have been!

This morning, after making breakfast, I drove down to Nicolas' home. I knocked on it until he opened up and his eyes glimmered in surprise. "Ruby, mon amour! What brings you here?"

"Cut the crap," I snap. I knew Nicolas didn't like the fact that I married Eddie and had a child that I couldn't ever have with Nicolas. I knew that deep down it had to bother him but I never thought he'd go as far as to forbid them from being together. "I want to know why you forbade our children from being with each other."

"Come in," He sighed, stepping to the side to let me through. "Take a seat and we'll chat about it." I oblige and wait for him to start. "It's no secret that I dislike your husband; it's also not a secret that I think Evangeline is a marvelous girl. However, she was conceived by a moron and I don't want Albert to be with someone who Eddie squirted into you." I winced in disgust.

"Did you have to say it like that?" I cringe. "Who cares that Eddie is her father? I don't care about Alberts mother, so, you shouldn't care about Ev's father! It's a stupid reason!"

"Maybe so, but," Nicolas scoots closer. "There's something else." I arch an eyebrow, cautiously. "I still love you, Ruby!" I didn't get the chance to say another word when his lips crashed into mine.