Jourdan Household |E|

EDITED

Albert

It was all clear now.

That's why Ev has been under the bleachers sobbing, her father had cheated on her mother just like my father did to her mother and how I did to her. That's why she called us all cheating cowards.

I found out because Dad came into my room to warn me about being on my best behavior since Ruby and Evangeline would be coming to our house and live here for a while. I didn't mind but when I asked why they'd be living with us, he smiled and said Eddie had cheated on Ruby.

Ruby's car drove up to our driveway, they climbed out of the car and greeted Dad who had been waiting for them outside. From the view of my bedroom, I saw Ev. She's beautiful like always but her face seems a bit bloated from all the crying she's done. Ruby, too, looks as if she's been crying uncontrollably.

I hurry down the stairs to offer a helping hand while Dad carries Ruby's things inside the house. Ruby offers me a small smile but nothing else when she sees me. I can tell she knows I fucked up with her daughter.

Ev doesn't smile at me at all, she doesn't even look at me. While Dad is busy helping Ruby, he tells Ev where her new bedroom would be and I offer her help but she quickly grabbed everything as well as she could. "No," she said emotionlessly. "Thanks."

I watch her as she drags her things up to her room. She's still mad. I can't blame her but now with summer here and Ev living under the same roof, it'd be much easier for me to get her to hear me out.

My phone vibrates and I pick it up when I see Sie's name flashing across the screen. "Hey, what's up?" Ever since that day that they told us about Kilian's pregnancy, we've been tense around each other.

"I need to talk to you," Sie sighs. No tension revealed yet. "Look, I'm sorry for the way we acted when we went that day, I'm sorry for any problems I've caused especially with that girl, Evangeline. I have some news for you that may be useful."

"What is it about?" I ask.

"About Kilian."