all we do

Hey guys! This is part 2 to texting her which was highly requested! I put the song drive by Halsey up there so listen to it while reading this!!

DYLANS POV

I'm sweating.

Did I just?

Is it possible?

What?

I went to get Erica and checked my phone while snuggling her, and see a read sign on my texts to her.

How? It's not physically or mentally or scientifically possible.

I mean unless someone has her phone number and I'm texting someone randomly. But I made sure they didn't do that at the phone company.

Should I call?

Should I text back?

I should trace the number.

Okay yes that's a weird skill to have but weird skills come along in life don't they.

I grab my laptop and start running my software.

It says the number was traced to a hotel not too far away.

I grab my jacket and Erica and I'm off.

It's only 8 PM but it's still pretty dark out. Erica falls back to sleep and my hands are shaking as I turn the wheel.

I'm sorry but rn I'm thinking of the song drive by Halsey anyone else? Lol sorry I'll get back to the story. Now I'm gonna link it lol

Its a small town so the roads are pretty empty right now. It's a weird but lovely feeling all at once.

My thoughts start to wander while I sit at a stop light. Will I actually see her? Is she actually here? I want answers and I feel like I'm mad but I know I'm not. What will I do when I see her?

The car behind me beeps as the light turns green and I speed ahead, giving a wave. The hotel is only 2 minutes away and there's more butterflies in my stomach than there are in this whole state.

I pull into the hotel parking lot and see know cars that look familiar. I pray the front desk is still open as I unbuckle Erica from her seatbelt, laying her on my shoulder. I take a deep breath and start my way to the front door.

There's someone working at the front desk and I don't think I've ever been so thankful. I walk over and ask "Is Y/N Y/L/N staying here?" with a bit of a quiver in my voice.

"I'm not obligated to give you that information unless you're family and have proof." the woman stares blankly at me.

"I'm her husband and this is her daughter. Here I have her birth certificate." I brought it just in case this would happen. I pull the birth certificate out of my pocket which has Y/N's name on it and mine. The lady nods at me and tells me the room number. I didn't actually believe her at first. I kinda stood there until she started talking again to tell me what floor.

Room 216. Second floor. Elevator to my left. She smiles faintly as kind of a good luck.

I push the elevator button rocking Erica up and down. What will Y/N think of her?

The button dings as I get to the second floor. I swallow my fears and walk to her door. I hear the tv and my hand hovers above the door thinking his through. At first I knock slowly then a little louder. I imagine she would still be awake. I hear shuffling around and a faint "one second".

My breath hitches as the door opens. Is it gonna be her?

The door opens.

"Dylan?"

•••
Oops sorry not sorry. OKAY BUT GUYS MY NEW BOOK IS UP PLEASEEE GO READ IT I KINDA LOVE IT AND ITS V FLUFFY IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD IF YOU READ IT AND IF YOU LIKE IT PLEASE COMMENT ON IT AND GIVE TIPS OR SUGGESTIONS OR REQUESTS AND I MIGHT CONSIDER IT. THANK YOU

LA BISE
XOXO
RO