vacation

Why does work have to be so stressful? It's like school all over again. Wake up everyday wondering whether you should go or kinda just fling yourself off a bridge. Don't do something, it's homework. I mean what's the point of going to school if there's not really a happy ending? Sure you make money and are able to raise those children things but still-UGH.

That was my rant to Dylan that caused the following events.

"Well maybe you just need the day off" he suggested.

"I need my life off" I sigh.

"Well you can take a few days off and I'll think about something we can do. Go to bed. I'll be up in a little bit" he half-whispers as he gives me a hug.

I sluggishly walk up the stairs and into bed without even changing. It's been that long of a day.

I wake up in the morning and find that Dylan isn't there. I look at my phone and it's 9 AM!

I'm gonna be so late for work!

I rush and put on a different tshirt with the leggings I wore to bed last night.

"Dylan!! I've got to go! Bye!" I yell running down the stairs. My hairs a mess and my face isn't washed but my clothes are on and I brushed my teeth so I should be good.

Dylan's sitting on the counter on his laptop when I get downstairs.

"How long have you been up?" I ask while rushing to put shoes on.

"A little bit. Where are you going?" He questions as he looks up.

"To work duh"

"You don't have work today." He smirks.

"Dylan's it's Tuesday. Of course I have work"

"No you don't. I called you off until next Tuesday." He smiles at me.

"Ugh I hate you" I grin as I run to give him a hug. "And this is my favorite sweatshirt" I say into the fabric of his hoodie.

"Now let's go pack. I've got a little vacation up my sleeve" he laughs.

"Oh god" I roll my eyes playfully.

We race upstairs and he wins, like usual.

"Now what am I packing for?" I look at him.

All he does is smirk and pull a brochure out from his nightstand drawer and throw it at me.

"You did not" I laugh while looking at the brochure. It's for my childhood favorite water park where I used to go all the time. It used to be, and still kinda is, one of my favorite places ever.

"I did" he gushes. "Aaaand there's an amusement park down the street from there so I thought we would go there to?" He smiles as he throws another brochure at me.

I hug him just because I'm so happy and filled with joy.

That night we pack and get ready to take on our adventure tomorrow.

Our boarding time for the plane is 6 AM so we're drowsy and a bit "off" this morning from lack of sleep. We sleep on the 4 hour plane ride our hands laced together the whole time.

We get off and take our items to the hotel which is beautiful all in itself. When we get there, I see a card with my name on it laying on the bed. I look at Dylan confused, but he just stands with his hands folded with a smug look on his face.

So you're reading this card right now huh babe? I'm probably standing there looking and you and trying not to smile too much. Well, you've been telling me how stressed you are with work, so I took matters into my own hands and I set you up a spa appointment for Friday at 5:30. Dinner to follow? Smile if you accept this invitation
-Dyl

"You know, I'm almost as lucky to have you as you are to have me" I joke with him.

"So that's a yes?" He giggles.

"Duh" I laugh.

"Well get your bathing suit on! The water park opens in an hour and I wanna ride all the rides!" He squeals like a little kid.

I smile at him and just think about how lucky I am to have him. My love.

•••

ALRIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS IM SICK OF THIS. THE GOSH DARN CLOWNS LIKE MY GOD I DONT CARE IF THEYRE REAL OR NOT BUT AS I WAS FINISHING WRITING THIS, MY FRIEND TEXTED ME AND TOLD ME THEYRE COMIF TO MY SCHOOL DISTRICT W A SCREENSHOT OF A TWEET AND LIKE NOPE GOTTA GO BYE GUYS IF I DIE I LOVE YOU

BISOUS
XOXO
RO