Special Chapter

It had been over 4 years since you and Hongbin got married and started living together and now you were expecting your first baby.

And it was about 6 months ago when you informed your husband about it.

You were nervous about his reaction after you messaged him that you needed to talk to him urgently after work, he replied instantly with panicking emojis and even called you but you told him it had to be in person. He rushed to your home where you waited for him sitting on the couch. Most of the lights were off, that alamrmed him even more.

"What happened?" he huffed, stomping towards you.

You stared at him with wide eyes "what?"

"you said you wanted to talk?" the panic on his face and voice was clearly evident "Did I do something wrong?" he bend down and took your hands in his "I'll fix it, you know I can be an idiot without realizing it sometimes"

"No, its not that"

"Are hurt? Are sick? Don't worry we'll get through this

"It's not that" you couldn't help laugh out loud leaving him dumfounded.

"Then, what?!"

"Sit down" you patted the place next to you; he did it but never let go of your hand.

You took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to calm your pulse down. He looked at you expecting whatever you were going to say.

"I'm pregnant" you let it out as fast as you could.

Hongbin's lips parted and his eyes doubled their size. You felt his pulse started to shake.

"oh my god" he looked to the floor, still in shock. The corner of his lips lifted up, showing his trademark dimples as his eyes moved back to you

"Say something! Lee Hongbin!" you shouted.

"am I dreaming?" his eyes flickered

"No, I'm 6 weeks pregnant" you freed one hand from his grasp and placed on your belly.

The grin on his face grew wider before he pull you into a long bear hug and kissed your forehead.

Back to the present, you were at the hospital waiting for Hongbin before your appointment; he started working as an elementary school teacher right after he graduated and it was the closing ceremony day so he told you he'd meet you there.

You watched the families going in and out and started to imagine the face of your future daughter.

"Will she look like me or like her dad?" you thought "it'd be good if she looked like him, though" a small laugh escaped your lips.

"Sorry, I'm late" Your husband arrived dressed in formal clothes before greeting you with a peck on your lips "the kids wouldn't stop asking for pictures together" he sat next to you.

You giggled "its okay, it's not our turn yet"

"I can't believe it's almost time to meet our baby" he placed his hand on your bloated tummy "are you sure you don't want to know if it's a boy or a girl?"

"No, I want it to be a surprise"

"I'll ask the doctor then" he pouted

"sure, but no spoilers!"

"I think it's a girl, if she is then she'll be very pretty like her mom and I'll have to deal with a lot of guys. It's good that we have the police on our side, thanks to Hyuk"