XXI

Meanwhile, Hyuk was following the address Khan sent earlier, he stopped near the lake's shore.

- Looks like I underestimated that woman – he cursed and hit the steering wheel out of frustration. After a little thought he started the car again and got on the road at full speed; his eyes were running wild looking for Hongbin's car but it was nowhere to be found.

"It's so obvious he took this road; the problem is that there is a bifurcation ahead" – he analyzed the road. He dialed your number to ask if you had news on Leo's whereabouts but it was useless, neither you nor Hakyeon had reached to him. Anne's face appeared when he closed his eyes making them flutter open. He wasn't going to let the story repeat.

In the house, you were going insane walking in circles looking at your phone and thinking about Hongbin and Leo, Hakyeon looked at you with a mortified expression. Then a text message popped up in your phone, it was from an unknown number and it contained and address and he asked you to come alone within an hour or Leo would die.

You may have had a horrified expression because Hakyeon noticed in an instant and asked you what was wrong, you hesitated about telling him but your instincts told you to not remain quiet about it so you just turned your phone to face him and he had the same reaction.

- What do we do? – you asked frantically, all the color of your face had vanished and you felt really tired all of a sudden.

- rel... - he was about to tell you to relax but rephrase it – calm down, let's talk to Hyuk and he'll tell us what to do.

- Why should I trust a kid on what to do? This is a life or death situation!! – you fire back and he looked away.

You recalled what the man in the bar told about Hyuk when you were looking for Leo: "Don't let his appearance deceive you...he is damn clever"

- He is like a...uhmm... an underground legend, remember? It's obvious he's more used to deal with those people than me or you – Hakyeon voice was severe but full of reason, leaving you nothing to talk back as he called Hyuk and explained. But you took an opportunity when he turned his back at you to get out and drive right away to the place you were called; ignoring Hakyeon shouting your name.

Hongbin arrived at the place he was cited; an incredibly well-kept but old-looking house in the suburbs. Before he arrived he was called again to tell him to throw his phone into a lake that was some miles away because he could have been followed, and if that was the case she would kill Leo. It was so cliché that it made Hongbin more irritated, but still he did as told.

- How did she know about it? – he breathed out as he parked the car.

Once he got out the car he looked at the enormous walls protecting the building and got shivers running down his spine. He inhaled and exhaled a few times trying to calm himself down, if he wasn't a Buddhist he probably would have said a prayer but he wasn't so he just tried not to think too much about what was going to happen and stepped behind the shed to press one button, probably the ring bell. The automatic gate started to move to the side and showed a totally white squared house, only a couple of windows could be seen in each side of the door. He walked towards the door and it opened before he even reached it.

- I'm here. Now, where is he – he demanded with a husky voice full of rage.

- Well, it took you less than I expected – he giggled – I knew "he" would be of some use, so I didn't let him there to die.

Hongbin eyes widened and his chest started to move up and down faster, the woman was delighted by his son's reaction. She had completely killed the good mother image Hongbin had of her; the person in front of him now, was twisted in every aspect, like if every ounce of goodness had been sucked out of her.