VIII

You didn’t realize when the last three months of the semester passed by and now It was the big day: your graduation.

Everybody was taking pictures with their friends, some were crying and others smiling while your vision shuffled from one person to another trying to find Leo who once the ceremony was over got surrounded by a group of girls that took him away without even saying a word.

It was harder to find him since everyone were wearing a black gown but you got a look of his pointy hair when you stood on your toes. But something else caught your attention: he was talking to Ken. Both with a serious look on their faces that unconsciously made you walk to them trying to hide so you could hear their conversation.

- As I told you before! You better find out… - Ken was almost pleading to Leo. – Cause I don’t know if it’s truth or not.

- Ok, I get it, but don’t say a word about it – your friend threatened him.

You couldn’t help but wonder what the meaning of those words was.

- Leo! – you decided to talk before your mind jumped to conclusions.

He and Ken flinched as they tried to change the subject and their facial expression.

-_____________~!! – Ken walked toward you opening his arms to hug you but was immediately stopped by Leo who shoved him to the side.

- What were you guys talking about?

- Nothing, just some man business that I’m sure you don’t want to know. – Ken replied with a teasing smile but you didn’t buy it.

- oh, really? Well, I guess you’re right. – you tried to brush away the idea that something was awfully suspicious. – Leo, let’s go, we have to get ready.

You planned that you’ll meet him at the entrance of the ballroom and if you didn’t know he was the one who bought the dress you pointed out that you’ll be wearing the purple dress that you got as a gift from a really good donor, to what he didn’t show any emotion making you doubt for a second if you theory was right.

You let your hair loose only adding a few loose waves to it and still looked fancy. Before you left your house you did a couple of turns in front of the mirror to verify everything was perfect and even asked every member of your family how you looked to what they all answered you looked like a different person.

And Leo was there as he promised, leaning again the wall with his hands in his pocket,  curving his back a little and biting his bottom lip to try to calm down a little but it all failed because as soon as he saw you his jaw dropped notoriously giving you a little more self confidence.

- You look beautiful,_______ – he bluntly said no flirty feeling on it, like the words escaped his mind.

This time it was your mouth that hung open. How much can a person change when wearing a tux? If he was already dazzling now even stunning wouldn’t be suitable to describe Leo’s appearance.

But you came back to your senses and looked straight into his eyes trying your best to hide your feelings.

- I think we should go and say hi to everyone – you said.

- What everyone? – he chuckled – You  barely spoke to them in all of your high school life.

- b- but… - you tried to talk back but he lifted his right hand so you could place your on it.

- Let’s just try to dance…even though I skipped all the dance lessons, it should be easy.

You entered the big ball room that was illuminated by a huge candelabrum giving the party a classical look, like you were in some fairy tale. The staff in the main entrance placed a rose on Leo’s side and gave you one that you could use as a bracelet to match his.